The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Buy cheap buy twice, it's a false economy in the long run because you spend more time under the vehicle when you could be earning

The quality on some of this far east stuff is dire

Hi tree sorry mate ref cheap parts what I mine to say is 90/110 are very compair to jap parts it does not pay to buy cheap as you say your right Jon

Edited by mendiplogs

Rich, i had the same on my 130, changed the drive flanges, aframe ball joint, prop ujs, all lessened the nock, then new rear diff (found a bargin in a garage) really helped, next to change was the gearbox layshaft (i think) but sold it first

Theres so many parts that if all slightly worn, will make a big amount of play. mine was mainly from worn rear parts-found this by removing the front prof, driving in difflock, still big symptoms, removed rear prop, in difflock, not so bad

hope this helps

While we are on the subject.. Mine clunks as I walk towards it, as I open the door, then again when I close it, then again as I slam it. :lol:Anyone got a pair of hens teeth, I mean underpriced solid defender doors?:thumbup1:

So it happens when you get in then it doesn't start so you slam the door getting out and start bashing it with a stick like basil????:lol:

All these things to check, I did say I would check in the evening but didn't think I would spend all night checking. :lol:

some more pics maiden voyage went awful brakes need constant pumping :S turning lock is absolute shocking with chunkier tyres hence needing guidance out the driveway lol

Don't even go there on brakes. Mine was a real pig. First it wouldnt hold the pressure. Then it held pressure but binding, so adjusted them as per manual, no pressure. So re adjusted, binding. Took several days work to get them to a stage that they would work, but they would bind on when got hot and make a rattling noise at speed. Took me ages to get them right.

Worst brake system ever IMO