The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

The only problem with going from 90 -110 or 110 -130 on a chassis swap is the paperwork to go with it (if you want it to be 100% legal) - technically it would become a new vehicle in the eyes of DVLA (which is stupid).

I you had a 110 and cut and stretched the exisiting chassis to 130, presumably it wouldn't be a new vehicle, although I am sure that document/DVLA changes would be needed.

If you replace the chassis on a 110 with a replacement brand new chassis (not one from another vehcile) that has the same VIN as the old, that isn't a change of identity.

So if you replace the original chassis with a new galv 130 chassis with the same VIN stamped on it and scrap the old chassis, is it a new vehicle or not?

I had an ex-national grid 130, which had been stretched when new, it was still a 110 on the log book.

Correct.

DVLA DO NOT recognise the 130. It is classed the same as a 110. I had this discussion in detail with another tree surgeon who has recently swapped his chassis. He has a K registered 130", built from various donor vehicles and registered as a 109, with a 200tdi in it. He checked with DVLA and they werent interested in it. Their classifications are SWB or LWB, be that 80/ 107, 88/109, 90/110. The 130 doesnt even enter into it. He spent hours on the phone with them so he was ABSOLOUTELY sure of his facts in the event of being stopped by plod.:001_smile:

Thats right Josh- the 130 is still 127, and I believe you are correct- it was a 127 until the defender range came out (with a 200tdi). Before that the flat fronted 90 and 110 and 127 models were badged as 'landrover 90/110/127' along the front where they now say 'defender'.

the name 110 or 130 refers to the vehicle as it came from the factory, yes it is roughly the length and everybody knows that:001_smile:, but if it left the factory as a 110 and is now the same length as a 130 it is still a 110 like it says on the logbook, unfortunately i know someone who has a 110 that is the same length as a 90 which might take some explaining as its changed from lwb to swb:blushing:

Had my first taste of proper Land Rover ownership today. The alternator has been on it's way out but I wanted to get a couple of jobs out the way before I took the time out to get it fixed. Anyway, made a couple of short daft trips yesterday and after a chilly over night stand the battery just didn't want to do it this morning.

So in my wisdom I took the battery out (which set the alarm off) and brought it inside to give it a 5 minute boost charge with my industrial charger. Then got sidetracked chatting to my lad about homework and forgot about it.

Went back to the shed about 15 minutes later to find the battery had expanded in size and was bubbling. Not good. Luckily my groundie turned up in good time so we robbed the battery off his L200 and went to get a new battery and alternator. Wasted half the day but was worth it as everything seems to work better now. Lights seem brighter etc. Haha.

I love my Land Rover.

i got really mad with the 110 yesterday, had parked it nose first at an awkward angle over the ground anchor log as usual, with a full load of chip to drop off and the battery was flat as a fart, (my fault the trigger wire for the alternator had fallen off the battery again) so i fetched the disco round to bumpstart it backwards but couldn't get enough speed or traction on the muddy gravel, jumpleads didn't work because they don't get enough current through the connections so i pulled the battery off the chipper and fitted that to the landy to start it. i love my landrover too but sometimes its a bit grrr