The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

beans on toast for the rest of the month, but decided to get Nessie's ride sorted whilst I'm still technically employed.

2013 BFG AT's

Wheels shot blasted and freshly powdercoated

Koni Raid Heavy Track Dampers

Old Man Emu HD Springs

New Polybushes

:biggrin:

10011500_10154027752360556_454787046_n.jpg.adb59ca995b99d82d96de599c1613182.jpg

b55562d0b1a811e39d9612ca5c6c54e6_8.jpg.b7bdb4402d2f7da96e7062670e27a41b.jpg

bf6ada48ae0111e38e360ee2597da5c3_8.jpg.fe7432980a1102669bbf5ae74309d61d.jpg

beans on toast for the rest of the month, but decided to get Nessie's ride sorted whilst I'm still technically employed.

2013 BFG AT's

Koni Raid Heavy Track Dampers

Old Man Emu HD Springs

New Polybushes

:biggrin:

HI DAN im told there the old man emu springs were did you get them mate thanks jon

Devon 4x4 Jon. The Koni/OME mix is what seems to be the choice for guys building trucks to go down to Cape Town or across Russia and back so I reckon they'll be man enough!

HI DAN I've just been on there site they no there stuff i ask for jake down there he no,s his stuff i was thinking running OME AND THERE SHOCK but now i may go the same as you what load rate are you springs thanks i no devon 4x4 make there own spring now thanks jon

Mine aren't huge, only 230lbf/in front and 300 rear. Which lifts the back by about 2 inches when empty but should ride level and handle better with the tent, water tank and kit etc if I've done my sums right. The old ****part supergaz rears were the nasty stiff HDs which had her up by an inch when loaded and rattled about when empty.

The Koni's are £££ mind, I chose them over the possibly more comfortable OMEs as they're reputed to withstand more.

Mine aren't huge, only 230lbf/in front and 300 rear. Which lifts the back by about 2 inches when empty but should ride level and handle better with the tent, water tank and kit etc if I've done my sums right. The old ****part supergaz rears were the nasty stiff HDs which had her up by an inch when loaded and rattled about when empty.

The Koni's are £££ mind, I chose them over the possibly more comfortable OMEs as they're reputed to withstand more.

HI DAN im ring devon 4x4 re new springs thanks jon :thumbup:

sold my 110 hardtop last week and it did me well for ten years. no major repairs and never let me down in 80k miles. Only let it go because I hadn't used it since 2009

You could read your comment as only did you well for 10 years because you hadn't used it for 5!!:thumbup::thumbup:

You could read your comment as only did you well for 10 years because you hadn't used it for 5!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Yes. To clarify; I bought a 1990 ex mod ragtop V8 110 in July 1998, put a hardtop on and ran it till 2009 when I stopped working for a living but I kept it sorned with a new MOT every year until I sold it last weekend. It had 80,000km on the clock when I got it and sold it with 165,000, it needed no major mechanical work in the whole time I used it but I did have to replace a couple of outriggers.

Devon 4x4 Jon. The Koni/OME mix is what seems to be the choice for guys building trucks to go down to Cape Town or across Russia and back so I reckon they'll be man enough!

Good call on the Koni's - I've had the standard heavy tracks last nearly 80,000 miles and I'm pretty sure they would have lasted longer but the garage reckond they were ready for replacement, despite it not handling any better once replaced :sneaky2:

• 2 weeks later...