The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Anyone fitted a Rat Trap lock? Think they fit round hand brake drum and totally immobilise vehicle, leave on permanently and lock from under drivers seat, thought it were on arbtalk I read about them but there's an article in farmers weekly about them on line.

Hi TIM IM told there good mate thanks Jon

There is unfortunately a very easy way to drive off in a Defender with a locked handbrake that only takes about 3 minutes, so a lock like this is great as an addition with other devices but isn't very secure to rely on.

Before anyone asks, I am not going to say how it's done on a public forum, but it isn't rocket science!

There is unfortunately a very easy way to drive off in a Defender with a locked handbrake that only takes about 3 minutes, so a lock like this is great as an addition with other devices but isn't very secure to rely on.

Before anyone asks, I am not going to say how it's done on a public forum, but it isn't rocket science!

Hi TREE I will just ask Land Rover how it done he will no thanks Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I think although the Ratrap goes round the handbrake it locks the drive(transfer box?), on a lighter note anyone seen these stoves?:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1454838173.756779.jpg.9fbbc393aace625134a70ac45d5e66fe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought myself a 130 double cab with a quad tech workshop. I am mulling over taking the quad tech off and putting a standard hcpu tub on with tipping gear. Anyone done this? I was wondering how much higher the tub would be mounted. Not going out to measure up my tipper because it's too wet!

It'll sit up about 120mm more i think, been mulling over putting tipping gear under my hcb but at moment quite fancy getting a quadtech body on and just running her as a gear and towing truck as looking back it's only been chipped into about 4 times in the last year.

Gray,

The quad tech is a great for kit (I think I only picked it up yesterday). This truck is for me to quotes running around alongside my lorry and tipper. I was think having the extra chip capacity might be useful. I'm going to run it for a month or so before going firm on a plan.

What's on the back of yours?