In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

A really great day...arrived earlier than my new "Boss for today". Nice enjoyable cycle along the Thames..No pictures of the job as it was Go GO GO!...Busy Eucalyptus fell..Proper Tree surgery company...All the saws neatly stored in lockers,ropes tidy in containers and a clean truck....I like a tidy outfit:thumbup1:Once the tree was down,chipped and logs removed from site it was time for Dinner break...Now, we never had dinner breaks in my last job...everything rushed:sneaky2: The boss took me to a local cafe and bought me steak and kidney pie,chips and beans :001_smile: It was the perfect time to talk about What i,d done,he,d done...usual tree surgeon banter (again,something i havent had the pleasure of recently)...Twas like a breath of fresh air!...Back in the real world i thought:biggrin:...Dumped the woodchip went to his yard which happened to be where "Sham 69" used to practice in the late seventies! in this barn in Surrey...At the end of the day he thanked me for my effort and paid me handsomely.....i managed to get pics of my lasting memory of today,s job..His chipper:thumbup:...A 14 year old custom built chipper by a MR Bill Chenery...builder of fine chippers....it was a pleasure to use,didn,t faulter once and had so much character.....he said it hadn,t failed him in 14 years....It was a lot more reliable than some i,ve used recently:sneaky2:...Tommorow i,m climbing in Reading!:thumbup:

5976616f59d21_Teddingtonjob008.jpg.d9aa3f837504056b102b43e1577ebf55.jpg

5976616f563d8_Teddingtonjob006.jpg.8012eb00f5c7e3205a904f4a1216d9d6.jpg

5976616f53545_Teddingtonjob005.jpg.3114cb0bdbacda2c7f4b9a709ba02a08.jpg

5976616f50ae6_Teddingtonjob003.jpg.53e4a31fc5d229989efeadecbdf83a60.jpg

5976616f4dd78_Teddingtonjob011.jpg.b60e61f3a15f73edb9967daaecd47b54.jpg

Edited by Steve Bullman
  • Like 1

Silky, would you be interested in working for a mate of mine who I cant help on weekdays?

will be in the bushey into edgware sort of area?

he is VERY old school, not very well tooled and schooled but it could be a days wage here and there? dismantling reductions etc usual stuff, and if you need it I can loan you my rigging kit?

really good to see a person who is proactive and willing to work and works hard, good on you mate ;-)

and also really good that so many of our members appreciate it and have offered work. well done guys.

Steve

Portugal

• Like 1

Thanks ecodao...i'm pushing my envelope right now!:cool:...i had to dumb down a lot whilst working in London the last couple of years:thumbdown: NOT ANYMORE!:P i'm only working with fellow pro's from now on;)...Tony may i call you at some time regarding your kind offer?...pm me your mobile or meet in Kew gardens or in "The Botanist" on Kew Green?if you are in the area one weekend..:rolleyes: