dont all laugh at once

the hedge man

cutting out carbs entirely is not a good idea. Im surprised a doctor would recommend that

You would be amazed at the amount of carbs, fibre, etc available in vegetables, fruit, meats and fish.

I am trying to eat in a paleolithic way, the paleo diet. Basically if you can hunt it or pick it, its game.

It is prior to the creation of agricultural practices, so legumes, potates, dairy are out.

I have been eating smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Prawn cocktail or meat salad for lunch and at night I just do not eat the potatoes.

Bread and potates are fillers. You can get enough from everything else if you research it or speak to a PT/ nutritionist.

I have only been doing it a week and have never felt so energised. And my excrement is now solid and not slop.

Bread was my downfall, upto 9 slices a day, not good!!!!

Paleo diet!!!! Worth a look. Its something to do with your dna genotype from your ancestry. Apparently I am a protein genotype so my body will naturally reject carbs from legumes and potatoes if given the chance to. Unfortunately as that is all I was eating my body had to make do. However it will utilise far more of the carbs available from other foods available through hunter/gathering type production a lot more effectively.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as you all know a suffer with moodswings depression etc and my weight is up down al over the place when i,am down i eat period but recently had a hernia operation and my surgeon told me to quit any carbs and the weight fell off i lost 8.6 stone yes 8.6 stone lol no bread no sugar in my tea no pop >> coke energy drinks a loaded with sugar around 6 to 8 tea spoons per can of coke be it diet or whatever there loaded with carbs and that the problem your body craves carbs for a quick sugar hit etc so quite the carbs rice spudz pasta pies and eat like a rabbit salads any meats fish chicken no probbs and your weight will fall off & its life changing you can bend climb walk breath better etc good luck and dont give in just watch what you stick in your gob no carbs job done

A slice of bread can give you shocking sugar highs. But then when you crash you do it big time. Sugar is deadly stuff.

I still have it in my coffee but can get away with it in tea.

Energy drinks are hideous, I use to make up my own from a tub of glucose used for cycling. I finished it two weeks ago and wont be buying another.

I presume seaweed is in if you live near a coastline, as are shellfish. Fungi at certain times of the year, plus mice, voles & squabs.

Yeah, seaweed is mega. I was down in tenby last week and was eating prawns cockles mussels and welks a plenty. Once you start on it and realise actually how many different types of food there available are you feel positive about it.

If you look back at the different eras, the build type and athleticism of the hunter gather is second to none.... in my opinion.

As soon as bread and grain was introduced, it would appear(from looking at pictures, before anyone starts picking at the correctness) that the human race bulked out and the digestive system seemed to stodge up.

Obviously as with any 'diet' reading up about it first is paramount, but I am seeing it as a way of living life, not a diet.

I could have had a members card at greggs the way I was in there every day. Now I shall be taking my own snap to work. It takes a little bit of planning at the shopping stage to ensure you can plan your weeks food and avoid the ease of nipping into greggs and the like, but once you get into it the worlds your oyster.... literally. lol

A royal marine PT told me about it, and he reckons that after a month of eating in this way he tried some granary bread toast and bowl of Weetabix for breakfast, he said it went through him like a Porsche, his body just rejected it and he was rough for a good hour or so.

Edited by jaime bray

after 18 years of smoking I gave up 2 years ago and put on a about a stone in weight,

Basically I gave up Carbs, if i were to have rice or pasta it is brown rice or had Gluten free pasta, loads of Veggies or meat, bread wise I have cut it out but occasionally i make Irish wheaten bread, apparently its easier for the body to digest, For "super" energy I eat , almonds or monkeys nuts etc for my at work "energy" I cut booze to one night a week, ie friday drink as much as i want.

Every morning and evening I do 20 minutes on a rowing machine, I have lost over a stone within a month, currently back to my ideal weight

there are so many diets about its hard to know what it actually good for you etc. but I have to say I feel better than I have in a long time, I feel like I am 25 again rather than being nearly 40 and unfit