Xmas from hell

Ross Smith

Well ive just got home to 1279 posts and this is why.

Xmas at 7ish getting my daughter chloe ready for bed and all of a sudden she fell down our basement stairs which is about 8ft onto a concrete floor,ambulance turned up within 6mins and she was on her way to margate a&e for a ct scan only to find she had fractured her skull and had a small bleed to her brain,my whole world was going very pear shaped in a matter of 1hr and i thought the worst,she was rushed to kings college camberwell with my wife whilst i followed shortly(only to be pulled twice by the old bill,once in dover and once in camberwell,luckily they both understood my situation and waved me on)

on arrival to the childrens critical unit she was made stable with lots of morphine and had to be totally paralysed for the journey to london,xmas day she came off the ventilator and was breathing for herself,the bleed had stopped and we were told the fracture was small enough not to cause any probs.

she was moved to intensive care on boxing day and has just spent the last 2 days trying to get back to her old self.

she is gonna be fine and is doing really well,shes cracking the smiles and talking away.

so i have a message to all fellow parents things can happen so so so very fast so never take your eye off the ball.

so it truly was a xmas from hell

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a dad i can only imagine how hard that must have been to go through for you, glad shes ok!

so i have a message to all fellow parents things can happen so so so very fast so never take your eye off the ball.

so it truly was a xmas from hell

yep, this thread shows that also http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4900

Krikey mate, a christmas to remember for all the wrong reasons!

Good to hear that she's on the mend, if not running around just yet.

Kids do put you through it when they're not well, but they're worth it when they make you smile as you walk in the door.

Hope family life gets back to "normal" asap.:001_smile: