Elf n Safety

windfall

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i do repairs to my pick up, does that mean i could be in the shtoop for not being a qualified mechanic !

Or do i have to wait until i cut myself trying to get the rear springs off again..........

Its a crock off tosh !

Just like the recent debate about cash payments being immoral......the frippin politicians are trying to turn us against each other, become state spies like the stazzi........its mental !

No-one likes a snitch, but I am surprised at many of the responses in this thread.

How many posts have I read that whinge about being undercut by unqualified and un-insured outfits?! Yet, here we have someone that really should have known better (as a professional gardener he can't claim ignorance) taking unnecessary risks doing the job that we have all trained hard to do well.

I think the HSE have done the right thing here - it sends a message to workers and the general public that this sub-standard work is not acceptable.

completely agree with this, and i cant see how so many people are sticking up for the landscape gardener in the article, we pay thousands of pounds on tickets/kit/vehicles to do our job properly so when i see somebody working from a ladder, butchering a tree then yes i get annoyed because its putting the people who do our job "professionally" out of work, potentially.

completely agree with this, and i cant see how so many people are sticking up for the landscape gardener in the article, we pay thousands of pounds on tickets/kit/vehicles to do our job properly so when i see somebody working from a ladder, butchering a tree then yes i get annoyed because its putting the people who do our job "professionally" out of work, potentially.

I'm aware of thousands of pounds on tickets/kit/vehicles and it's sad when people get done out of work. However, it goes both ways. The firm I work with has many thousands of pounds invested in vehicles, landscaping machinery, training etc.... and it's annoying when arborists take on fencing jobs, hedgecutting, hard landscaping etc etc, doing us out of work :001_tt2:

I don't see people sticking up for the landscaper up the tree. Rather they are expressing dismay at what occurred. There are arborists who breach H&S rules on a daily basis - I've seen them, up trees with no helmets, no rescue kit on the ground, no exclusion zone to keep pedestrians out... the list is endless. Yet these all go missed because there's no snitch with a camera in the right place at the right time.

seeing this kind of story really frustrates me. My old gaffer was just the same, he didn't have a clue when it came to health and safety. Not only that but he expected me to work to his standards, bugger that on two of my paid hollidays I paid for myself to be trained professionally through NPTC.

It's litterally common sense, any normal person can look at that picture and say 'thats just not safe'.