Milk it

Rich2484

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As said in the news yesterday, 'if alcohol can have a minimum price surely milk can'

totally agree with this!

I know where you're coming from mate but can't agree with you're reasoning here. By all means lets squeeze a bit more from the middlemen for the British dairy farmers and perhaps chuck in an extra couple of pence per pint ourselves. But, I do object most strongly to government plans to force me to pay more to enjoy my sensible drinking habits because of a minority of pish-head lager louts, trouble makers & teenie binge drinking numpties.

Instead of financially punishing everyone, why not just bring back the stocks and public flogging for the pillocks of the world. Thats for the pish-heads and the greedy milk barons, not the farmers, obviously! Ooh and the odd banker or two, thousand. That'll learn 'em. :thumbup:

I think that all european farm subsidies should be phased out completely over a 5 year period. Every family in this country pays a fortune to subsidise this business. The law of market forces should prevail. Some farmers will make a profit and others will go bust. I know of one local farmer not too far away who regularly picks up cheques for over £1million every year. A lot of that is for not producing anything. Think of all the time which would have freed up now they dont have to spend hours and hours filling in all those forms. No forms also means no fraud, and all the farming beaurocrats can be paid off win - win situation.

The prices in supermarkets will probably go up but thats good for about half the population who are obese, thereby saving the NHS money as well. If there are no farming subsidies the Government contribution to the EU can therefore be reduced, again win -win situation.

Farming is the only business that get subsidised to produce goods and also to not produce goods. How can that by any stretch of the imagination be good for our economy. Sorry about the rant but this is one of my pet hates.

BTW I am a Townie who likes the countryside.

Mike

You Sir are Spot on:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

i heard on the news that uk are the lowest paid milk producers if this is correct how can they import it cheaper?

If we wen to the supermarket and told them how much we were going to pay for our groceries they would soon have us removed ! so why should they tell the producers how much they pay them?

how many companies that produce goods are told by customers the price????

iv never seen a dairy farmer own a disco 4.

milk prices are totally out of order, if the supermarkets were loosing 5p of a certain product they wouldnt sell it end of, so why should they expect some one else to do the same. no other industry would put up with it so why should they!!

as a lad growing up in North Somerset in the eighties and nineties, there were seven large dairy herds in the valley i lived in....... now just one........ and the farmer (who happens to be a family friend) has been trying to sell his herd for the past six years but cant because of reactors for TB.

But for re-mortgages galore he would be finished. he wakes up every day knowing he will make a heavy loss.

What a shameful situation, it makes me mad/sad.

I would happily pay more for my milk if it meant the dairy farmers could actually make money instead of pouring it down the drain.

I forgot ever looking at the price of a pint of milk and thinking that's crazy monney they could put it up twenty pence a litre and I wouldn't notice. We get ours of a local farm who deliver at 5am every other day and we pay a little bit more than a super market but it's allways there never miss a delivery and it's helping a local farmer.

Super markets and big corporate greed are killing this country and the small man.

iv never seen a dairy farmer own a disco 4.

milk prices are totally out of order, if the supermarkets were loosing 5p of a certain product they wouldnt sell it end of, so why should they expect some one else to do the same. no other industry would put up with it so why should they!!

Super markets do loose money on some products, they are known as "loss leaders" they are there to get people in, in the hope that they will buy more profitable items while they are there.

Ironically milk and bread are the most common ones.