Milk it

Rich2484

What about all the people being made redundant, what about the fact that I have far less work just now than I'm used too??????????

Why do I and others get no help, but the farmers should??????? I just don't get it??????

Surly we each have to make our own way the best we can???

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about all the people being made redundant, what about the fact that I have far less work just now than I'm used too??????????

Why do I and others get no help, but the farmers should??????? I just don't get it??????

I agree Dave, I don't know alot about farming but I have family that farm and come into contact with farmers and they seem to get alot of grants for things. A farmer I know of got a grant to put a new roof on a stone barn in a field, I own a barn and the roof is needing repair but I have been told that I can't get a grant?? I want a building in my field for my firewood production but again no I can't have one yet a farmer can put up buildings? I am not anti farmer but it should be fairer for everyone. If I went out and did a job and it cost more to do the job than I was getting paid I wouldn't do it.

The state of the EU will put an end to subsidy.

I think the foreward thinking, dare I say it younger farmers, would welcome a farming future without subsidies. I plan my farming business to make a profit without help and I'm not alone thinking like that. Its the farmers who rely on the SFP to make profit are the ones holding the rest of us back.

Something else to remember is there are many many farmers out there who dont get the SFP, they farm to great standards without funding. Don't just presume every farmer gets subsidies. 2 young farm contractors near me are making good money without support, and both have a Disco on the drive ;)

Edited by farmer_ben

I think most if not everyone would be willing to pay more for their milk and keep the dairy farms running,, I also think everyone would be gob smacked at just how much subsidies, grants and aid most farms are given.

I think most if not everyone would be willing to pay more for their milk and keep the dairy farms running,, I also think everyone would be gob smacked at just how much subsidies, grants and aid most farms are given.

I for one would not be willing to pay more for milk to keep dairy farms going. I made up my mind not to carry on in the log game earlier in the year. Firstly because i'm way to busy doing drainage. Secondly it was not viable to buy in cordwood, rent a yard and barn to store my gear. No one gave me any subsidies to carry on splitting logs. Why should dairy or any other farmer get help to run a business that can't pay it's own way ?

I'll get me tin hat. :001_smile:

Did any one watch that program with Huge Fernly-whitstow (sp) about broiler chickens, he wanted to stop the production of cheap chickens in favour of free range, 99% of people could not care less about who or what suffer in the production of their food, they just want cheap food.

I honestly think that given the chance of saving farmers or saving 10p a litre on their milk, a huge proportion would go for the saving.