Small chipper for small buisness?

fuda

rite here goes 2 chipper u both want first 1 is jo-beau i would buy it if i ent got one brillent machine 2nd one i would buy if i ent got a jo-beau m400

fight :lol::lol:

u would not go wrong with any of these

jo beau wood chipper M500 24HP honda | eBay

Timberwolf TW18/100G Gravity Fed 4 inch Wood Chipper | eBay

I've got a Jo beau, out of those two id pick the Jo beau, the timber wolf seems to be all wrong, surely the idea of a small gravity fed chipper is its portability? If your gonna get a tow along might as well get a decent size one?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Jo beau, out of those two id pick the Jo beau, the timber wolf seems to be all wrong, surely the idea of a small gravity fed chipper is its portability? If your gonna get a tow along might as well get a decent size one?

That was the downfall of the 18/100 for me Mike, although it got me started pretty well. Sharp blades essential, but virtually nothing to go wrong.

Mozza that machine you put up is PTO driven, although the picture clearly shows the petrol engined model.

I bought a Timberwolf 18/100 chipper to help my son when he started his tree business nearly two years ago.

I knew nothing about chippers then although I am mechanicaly savvy after spending my working life in the truck repair business. I still don't have experience of other machines but I can say that the Timberwolf has exceeded all our expectations and is certainly a great starter machine.

The 18/100 is what I call a 'well sorted bit of kit'. It is simple, strong, well put together and can be virtualy field stripped with just three spanner sizes.

This thing will certainly chip up to its 4" rated size plus a bit more, If the brash will go through the hole it'll chip.

Two of you can manhandle this machine just about anywhere and It's narrow enough to get round the back of houses.

It has a high work rate and I have no hesitation in recommending it highly.

When I bought this machine the bloke said "You won't be dissappointed" and he was right.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my first chipper some months back now and i was on a tight budget!! I opted for a 5" gravity fed bearcat with shredder hopper and blower. Lots of people on here told me to stay away "parts are expensive/hard to get ahold of etc" All not true!! What people did say was the blades need to be kept uber sharp which was true!! The build of it is solid it has a 20hp kholer v twin which has more grunt than any other small chipper in its class and it also benefits from having the shredder hopper which deals with hedge and fruit tree brashing which would be time consuming cutting into little bit to spoon feed a 18/100g for example. The other thing i like is being a yankee machine a 1/2" socket and spanner will just about strip the whole thing lol. But admittedly in the short time ive had it i have already outgrown it as everyone said i would and am now looking for a bigger machine. theres a 9" bearcat on ebay right now for £2150 alot of machine for the money!!

The bandit 490XP is available as the following options:-

A 3 point hitch pto version

A push around with an 18hp petrol engine that is 29" width

Self propelled with 2 hydraulic gear motors

Can be set up to be mounted as a skid steer with all functions run hydraulically.

It is 4" capacity with a 7 1/2 x 15 1/2 opening.

Dean Embling

Sales Consultant

Global Recycling Solutions Limited

Cook House, Brunel Drive, Newark, Notts. NG24 2FB

Mob: + 44 (0) 7730 000498

Welcome to Global Recycling

59766147c2f4c_model490xp.jpg.e4b434eac4e479ff2ea3c9a4d668164b.jpg

59766147c4d12_490xpLHview.jpg.f20067ef6819a14aa99206f3522b6b74.jpg[ame=http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8qCtTGq-jA]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8qCtTGq-jA[/ame]

• 1 year later...

I'm looking at the TIMBERWOLF TW18/100G ES as possibly my first chipper.

I've looked at the Bandit 490 and the CS 100 but both need trailers.

I don't need or want a trailer with my current business plan. I want a chipper that will tow, chip into my pickup and fit into my garage.

Looking like the Timberwolf would do the job, and thoughts please guys?

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ,

As you will have seen from my earlier post on this thread I have found the 18/100G to be a good bit of kit.

At 375Kg all up it will tow behind most any car and is light enough to be manhandled into most situations. The trailer has no brakes however so keep chocks handy when unhitching on a slope and dont let it get away from you.

It will certainly fit into your garage but you will have to take the high discharge tube off every time which is a bit fiddly (unless you've got a very tall garage). The high discharge is an advantge though as it gives you plenty of options when blowing into the back of a vehicle as you can't always position to blow direct in from the rear and you can point it in from the side.

+1 for the timberwolf. Had one as my first chipper and lasted me 4 years. Once you get used to what it will chip and how to prepare the brash it's an efficient little machine. Portability was excellent. Found that it jammed less on conifer if using slightly off blades, too sharp and it dragged to much through. 10min job to change on site so no big problem.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App