anybody else having probs with the new 550xp

Breezeblock

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting has never been a problem on my 550. Prime the bulb after filling up, put it on half throttle and give it a few pulls and away it goes.

But my saw has been a duffer since I had it. Bogging when the throttle is cracked open in serious use snedding and de-limbing, very annoying. Its now back for a second warranty repair after new manifold, carb kit, and inlet gasket.

I still live in hope and believe this is the way to go, but am getting fed up with using my old tempramental kit. Fingers crossed it will be sorted, otherwise a new crank for my 346 will be in order.

That's spot on...took us a while to figure it !! I really like the configuration of the lever though once you get used to it... You have to use the priming bulb after being put down if hot after a while on the 560 but you get used to knowing when it's necessary to use or not a bit like the silver side 346 imo but it took me a few weeks and has thrown me a few times even last week but in the woods it's an awsome machine.

Anyone got a tip for the same problem with a 576 also with AutoTune? The devil of a job to start when hot, and of course no primer bulb on that version :-(

Anyone got a tip for the same problem with a 576 also with AutoTune? The devil of a job to start when hot, and of course no primer bulb on that version :-(

Mine starts first pull when hot, have you changed the plug?

Mine starts first pull when hot, have you changed the plug?

Not yet - I was working it hard the other week and it was terrible for hot starting, but it's not been needed since. Time to give it a really thorough clean, plug change, etc. then. Thank you, sir!

Not yet - I was working it hard the other week and it was terrible for hot starting, but it's not been needed since. Time to give it a really thorough clean, plug change, etc. then. Thank you, sir!

I had the same hot start problem with my 560 and Husqvarna technical said to change the plug to the next hotter one . This worked .

• 3 weeks later...