anybody else having probs with the new 550xp

Breezeblock

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when the 550xp is working for you. What is your opinions of the 550xp versus the 346xp 50cc version? Say in the cut bucking, limbing etc.

Are you using 325 or 3/8? I know over here the 50cc 346 loves the 3/8 in my world.

Hang on WoodED I'll save you the typing: "346 is an awesome saw" !!! :lol:

Nah, 550 nicer all round.

Hang on WoodED I'll save you the typing: "346 is an awesome saw" !!! :lol:

Nah, 550 nicer all round.

haha.. the 550 is probly nicer but the 346xp starts warm or cold first time and doesn't melt needle bearings :001_tt2::thumbup:

So when the 550xp is working for you. What is your opinions of the 550xp versus the 346xp 50cc version? Say in the cut bucking, limbing etc.

Are you using 325 or 3/8? I know over here the 50cc 346 loves the 3/8 in my world.

My 550 is still on 325 and runs a 13" bar. Seems to hold power in the cut better than a 346, makes power from lower down and the throttle response seems so much quicker when snedding than any older type saws.

It seems to handle better than a 346 too - while it's not actually much lighter, it feels like it is and is very very flickable.

the 346 in comparison feels very dated now.

Can't comment on longevity as yet but mine's doing OK so far.

Turn the choke on then off...its then on half throttle....i believe, dont actually have the saw

That's spot on...took us a while to figure it !! I really like the configuration of the lever though once you get used to it... You have to use the priming bulb after being put down if hot after a while on the 560 but you get used to knowing when it's necessary to use or not a bit like the silver side 346 imo but it took me a few weeks and has thrown me a few times even last week but in the woods it's an awsome machine.

I am getting a new saw the choice is a 446 or the 550?? Or do I go for a stihl??

Is the 550 still having teething problems?? I know the older version was a good little saw.

? Run and jump me thinks!!!!

Mines been OK so far. Can't remember exactly when I got mine but it's a 2011 model.