Anyone else tearing their Hair out??

Burytreeman

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

different industry but in rope access the wages for a 3 man team come in at c. £450 a day, add onto that travel, insurance, kit and profit and it keeps climbing. tree surgey should charge more than it does

Jamie

OMG im so expensive!

We charge £250 - £300 for a morning and £500 - £600 for a full day

£100 for 3 1/2 hours work??? Surly not!!

I would say this is more of a realistic price and the others are cutting their own hands off!

The low prices here is whats killing our industry guys, take note:sneaky2:

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not an advocate for doing things on the cheap, you need to put my £100 into perspective! 75% of the people on here would have done what I did in an hour, so £100 for the job was probably fair.... and it was my mother's best friend I was working for!!!

I reckon a sensible day rate for a climber with his own kit on nice straight forward stuff should be around £150 in this day and age, chippers, tippers, groundies and so on would be on top of that.

OMG im so expensive!

We charge £250 - £300 for a morning and £500 - £600 for a full day

£100 for 3 1/2 hours work??? Surly not!!

Finally abit of sense, Thats what it should be as an absolute minimum in my book and if everybody stuck to that, tree work would be in a happier place.

250 a day an 100 for half a day is absolutely unbelievable!!

Finally abit of sense, Thats what it should be as an absolute minimum in my book and if everybody stuck to that, tree work would be in a happier place.

250 a day an 100 for half a day is absolutely unbelievable!!

I know what your saying Liam :001_smile: . It's better than nowt and the lads grafting for it . Rather than watching jezza kyle in the morning lol

The thing is if I remember right worcswuss is new to the game and just starting, correct if I'm wrong.

So he will naturally be slower than others ith years behind them, even groundies, if this is the case then I think he ain't done too bad.

I've always said that when starting anything out and you do a job it's a word of mouth starter. You never rally know who the person you are doing a job for knows!

Ok so he is a bit cheap but it's a start and with everything going to pot in this country I think new starters need as much help as they can go for.

I know I'm still starting out with tree work, and I want to carry it on and start climbing. Been groundies for 4 years now and I'm starting to itch to get up a tree, I know the ground work inside out and I like to think I'm good at it, but you would have to ask the people I work for.

Being undercut is not nice feeling but some things just have to be let go. The only thing I feel is a bit funny is how they always say "been quoted such and such less than you can you match it?" have they really been quoted that or are they trying it on?

When I left college and was doing bits of work for myself (not as a company), I used to charge £100 per day for me alone and I was over the moon with £500 profit in a week!!

I know what your saying mate but he has to get the pricing rite early on or will become not so liked by other contractors in the area for pinching all the work at low prices and believe me he'll need to call upon these contractors one day!