hydraulic chainsaw

pro bros

My hydraulic saw has a bar length of 18"

I haven't seen a bigger one in hydraulic but I have seen pnumatic saws with huuuuuge bars.

You will need a decent sized hydrovane to run it though

As others have said if you are importing timber and processing it you need planning permission, if the neighbour sees your activities as harming his business expect him to "drop a dime" to planning.

Using/hearing a chainsaw is a 'normal' countryside noise in my opinion. I wouldnt worry about upsetting his customers if you are cutting logs for your own stove. There is a compromise though and if you could leave it to say after 11am before you start when most people should be up.

It could be worse though, if you had for instance your own chickens and a cockerel!

Mike

Using/hearing a chainsaw is a 'normal' countryside noise in my opinion. I wouldnt worry about upsetting his customers if you are cutting logs for your own stove. There is a compromise though and if you could leave it to say after 11am before you start when most people should be up.

It could be worse though, if you had for instance your own chickens and a cockerel!

Mike

Agree with the first bit , but if any one is getting up at 11.00 am then they must be dead !

What is there between you and the chalet park, you may be able to deflect noise with a decent pile of logs, fence, wall etc.

Probably best to talk to the bloke and see if the cutting between the hours of ?? to ?? will work, guess his customers don't want to be woken up at 8.00am when on holiday or be sitting down at 6.00pm to a BBQ and hear the saw going. I would guess a large percentage would be out and about during the day though!

Just depends how much wood you are getting through - some people, especially in snooty villages are a bit up their own backsides - think Old Wood Chip won't make a diplomat though:lol::lol::001_rolleyes:

that is exactly what i tried spud noise reduction with boxes bales in front but to be honest the processor is not that noisey the problem i have with his arguement is he cuts his grass every sunday 10 am onwards this does not bother me in the least nor his boys on moto x bikes we have all done it butme sawing through the week once or twice amonth is not a lot to be fair so after council having no problem the 3120 will be coming out sunday just to let him hear what noise is then he might be thankful we have a processor to cut our wood rant over does anyone have tech spech on hydraulic saws though cheers

hi there pro bros. did you find out any more? i've been thinking of a hyd saw too, for milling. they come up as new concrete saws on google, but the older ones ... sure i used to see them all the time at farm auctions. anyone got an old hydrasaw or 2? i found out today that they had husky mounts, so in theory could go to a 42" bar. don't know any more than that. oh and the oil to the bar was bled off the hyd feed. which might not be very good if you're doing a lot in one place. cheers.

I was wondering if you could fit a more restrictive muffler! Most people open them up, I have seen a few expansion pipes but perhaps a larger exhaust with a bit more silencing in it may help - just a thought!

I could bring down the ported saws, he would appreciate how quiet your saws are then:thumbup: