Be honest now please

predator

I just want smoke grenades now. Where do you buy them from and how much?

Any marine shop. Got some first for my boat then thought about putting them in the wagons so a heli can find you easier if you need to call one. Or even for an ambulance on the road can see them.

Thought it was a good idea. Although I must say I did play with the parachute flares in the woods when I got them. Man do they go up some height.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you use a chainsaw on your own n be honest as i wont/dont do it etc

they frighten the hell out of me the damage they could do how would you get help bleeding to death etc

so be honest and confess or am i being over the top with safety etc accidents are real and cause havoc to lives

Well it depends how you interpret 'on your own' on site i'm always with a colleague but when i'm back in the yard at my own house processing timber into fire wood i'v always got dogs with me , but i always make sure that they have the correct PPE on and carry a first aid pouch on there collar, Jack , the Jack Russell, is also first aid trained.:001_smile:

Well it depends how you interpret 'on your own' on site i'm always with a colleague but when i'm back in the yard at my own house processing timber into fire wood i'v always got dogs with me , but i always make sure that they have the correct PPE on and carry a first aid pouch on there collar, Jack , the Jack Russell, is also first aid trained.:001_smile:

What you trained him to give mouth to mouth! :confused1::lol:

What you trained him to give mouth to mouth! :confused1::lol:

Yes , he can , full Cardiopulmonary resuscitation C.P.R. he's also fully trained in Acute care of at Risk Newborns and Endoscopic foreignbody retrieval, took me years to train him and its still a work in progress.:lol:

Yes , he can , full Cardiopulmonary resuscitation C.P.R. he's also fully trained in Acute care of at Risk Newborns and Endoscopic foreignbody retrieval, took me years to train him and its still a work in progress.:lol:

really don't want to know how you trained for that one. :thumbup:

I have worked on oil tankers with no form of medical aid if it goes wrong (ship won't pull in to a port), plus on my own on construction site in central Brazil, where I claimed I was the chief engineer; that way they would fly me to a hospital - against basic treatment, a lot of accidents (skin hanging off the structures). Worked for the Sandinistas during the Contra war - no chance if that went wrong. You get to learn how to avoid risks and work safe, now with saws mostly on my own; I don't work if I see any risk (not my tree), or feel the job is beyond my skills, carry a phone. Most of the risk is trips etc, minor things have gone wrong but no accidents. I work on the basis, if I have any form of near miss, I work out a new procedure so it won't happen next time - hopefully. I actually find it more of a risk to have people giving me advise I don't need, loosing my focus and looking around for idiots walking into my space.

90% of the time i use chainsaws on my own all manor of sizes from climbling work to ground felling to toping hedges and have to admit aswell to half the time i dont bother if chainsaw trousers while using the saws but accident happen everyday with saws im just lucky that so far it haven happend to me thats the way i look at it but just on sunday the guy who likes next door to my work yard borrowed a hedge cutter of me and had a accident while doing his hedge he fell of a pair of big steps and landed onto his gate wich is wrought iron and haves thouse fancy spikes on the top of if he landed on and one of the spikes whent right trough his bicep i heard the screms and went srate in the work truck and grab my fist aid kit wich it about 2ft by 1 ft by 9inch deep got loads of stuff in there tiped a pint of saline wash over his wound and then put on the celox granules and to make sure got a bit of elastic and tied it tight above the wound and his wife rushed him the hospital he is coming home today and i will be finishing the hedge free of charge for him asap