ethanol increase 2013

Czlowiek Drzewo

I have heard that the EPA in this country wants to raise the percentage from currently 10% to 15%. Insanity rains cats and dogs here state side and more so than normal due to this year being our national election. The special interest groups are lining up with their $$$$$$$ hoping to continue to cash in, all at the expense of the consumer.

Rant over, for now!

easy-lift guy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that the EPA in this country wants to raise the percentage from currently 10% to 15%. Insanity rains cats and dogs here state side and more so than normal due to this year being our national election. The special interest groups are lining up with their $$$$$$$ hoping to continue to cash in, all at the expense of the consumer.

Rant over, for now!

easy-lift guy

yeah i was reading that too. 15% next year in states.

As Gardenkit says, the rubber fuel lines will suffer with the extra ethanol being used, first signs will be that the fuel line will become soft and then turn in to something that looks like gutterseal:thumbdown:

One thing we can do is run out the fuel and avoid leaving fuel in the tank if the kit is being left for a while without use.

I also have noticed different smelling petrol - must stop smelling the stuff:thumbup:

Worst case was a local guy with a 066, smoking like mad and kicking out something like kerosene - think his petrol had a shot of diesel in it which was being converted to paraffin on combustion filled my road with smoke which was a bit of fun![/QUOTE]

:thumbup:

Is there much difference in price between Aspen and normal fuel & oil mix? :sneaky2:

It works out at about twice the cost, seems expensive when fuel prices are already at an all time high but when you work out your overall costs of running your business for a day i think you will find that its only a very small increase overall.

most users aren't worried about the price once they get used to using Aspen as they notice how much better they feel at work.

machines will also last longer and you dont have to be worried about potential damage to your machines due to poor quality fuel/oil mixtures!

i suggest you give it a try, we wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for the fact that people believed it was worth it! :thumbup1:

Forgive my ingnorance, but why are they wanting to improve the ethanol content?

If you read the attached report in OP, you will find that you have the wonderful fantastic beauraucrats in the smashing EU to thank. Once again they have justified their multibillion euro/pound existence by inteferring with our way of life...... and once again, just as all of our favourite saws are being "re-invented" and losing their poke or being removed from production all together, it's in the name of reducing emmissions. :thumbdown:

One way round it in the short term is to run your saws on super unleaded. As according to a table at the bottom of the TR report, some super unleaded have no ethanol added, for the time being at least.........

I hope I have'nt fallen foul of any copyright infringement by reproducing that part of the report here:- :blushing:

BP Ethanol is added at 5% to unleaded petrol at all sites across the UK. BP Ultimate (super unleaded petrol) does not have Ethanol added, except in the South West of England.

Esso Ethanol is added at 5% to unleaded petrol at most sites in the UK. Esso Super Unleaded petrol does not contain Ethanol, except in the South West of England (Devon & Cornwall)

Shell Shell has repeatedly refused to answer the question. It is therefore an assumption only, that all Shell petrol should be considered to contain 5% Ethanol.

Texaco Ethanol is added at 5% to unleaded petrol. Texaco Super Unleaded petrol does not contain Ethanol.

Total Ethanol is not added to any Total fuel (including standard unleaded petrol). Except in the North West and South East of England.

Might cost a bit more, but could be cheaper than it buggering up your saws and spending loads on additional maintenance and replacement parts.

Edited by Gnarlyoak

As Gardenkit says, the rubber fuel lines will suffer with the extra ethanol being used, first signs will be that the fuel line will become soft and then turn in to something that looks like gutterseal:thumbdown:

One thing we can do is run out the fuel and avoid leaving fuel in the tank if the kit is being left for a while without use.

I also have noticed different smelling petrol - must stop smelling the stuff:thumbup:

Worst case was a local guy with a 066, smoking like mad and kicking out something like kerosene - think his petrol had a shot of diesel in it which was being converted to paraffin on combustion filled my road with smoke which was a bit of fun![/QUOTE]

:thumbup:

Yeah - thanks Luke for that one:lol:

Forgive my ingnorance, but why are they wanting to improve the ethanol content?

Becuse the enviromentalist WACOS think it is good for the enviroment since we really don't need to eat Corn over here anyway and the Corn/Grain lobby is very powerful in Politics over here, I believe it is the same for yins as well:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy