button1803

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swings and roundabouts though, init?

What do you mean???

I think its more than a little sneaky to leaflet an area whilst some one else is actually working there. They were clearly trying to cash in on our outstanding work and professional service, how disappointed are the customers going to be????

Not the first time its happened , we were doing some LA work, another firm started door knocking across the road, they kept pointing at us as the talked to the house holders, I guess they were saying "we are working for the council, but we've got a bit of spare time, if you want any work done"

I literally mean it's swings and roundabouts in that:

- you may well have worked in an area where someone else has done work,

- you may have leafleted an area where someone else has worked,

- you may have leafleted an that someone else has leafleted,

- you may have put an ad in a local mag where someone else has an ad.

It's same with every other firm. We've got a pizza place and an Indian near us, they deliver a lot around here, but we also receive leaflets from fast food firms a couple of miles away. It's called competition, and everybody is allowed to take part.

Imagine what it would be like if the local authority drew up a list, and said that Firm A is only allowed to work in post code areas X1 1AA to X1 1MZ and Firm B is only allowed to work in post code areas X1 1NA to X1 1NZ. If every single firm gets really protective about their area then it screws everything up, bit like the postcode gangs.

Mind you, a lot of people are decent and won't do this sort of thing deliberately. I'd wait for the truck to drive off before leafleting :)

I don't leaflet.

But you do work at places near where other people work, like on other peoples turf? And other people work on your turf.

I know it's a pain in the arris, but when we've been fencing, other fencing firms leaflet doors in the same road. A lot of these fencing firms are builders who are lacking in work and just trying to make a living. It's just life.