really!!

Czlowiek Drzewo

phone conversation with a costumer-

C. I would like a quote for removal of 20 x 30ft leyandi's

M. No problem, pleae give me your details.

C. Can you not give me quote over phone ( classic line! )

M. Not really as many things i take in factor before quoting..it can be anywhere between £500 to £5000

C. Oh really! thats ridicilous! My neighbour says he will di it for £300.

M. We are professional, insured company...is your neighbour a qualifed tree surgeon??

C. Yes. He works for council.

M. As a tree surgeon?.

C. No.

M. If he is not qualifed tree surgeon then i doubt he has the skills to deal with removal of large trees safely and he will not be insured which means if anything happens to your property and member of public he is not liable. If he is claiming to be a tree surgeon but holds not tickets he is classsed as a rogue trader.

C. He is not a rogue trader and i am not interested in getting a professional to do the work...as it will be professional prices!

M. would you get a a corgi certifed contractor to deal with your Gas or joe bloggs who will do it for beer money?? Any why are you calling me then??

C. Not interested. Goodbye.

Ah...the joys of working for uneducated public!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll probably get a call to quote for the removal of brushwood and logs in few weeks time.

But you won't be able to charge much cos all the technical work has been done - surely its just a quick labouring job to clear up the mess left by 'my friend'.

How many times to we hear this - you just have to laugh.

I got a phone call the other day to grind out a juniper stump in the next town from me.

C how much to grind out a stump

Me if you give me your address I will happily come out and quote for it

C. A general price

Me. How big is the stump

C. I dont know

Me I will come out for free to give you a quote

C. I only want a general price, you don't need to come out.

Me. Anything from 120 -1000£

C. Oh ok errrrm bye

what did they expect

No dimensions

How on earth did they expect you to price:confused1:

Oh it's not very big is not accurate enough.

I've got a customer at the moment who keeps coming back to us but every job we do they are moaning about something- expecting something extra for free.

Can't wait till this recession is history- unfortunately the attitudes it has created may be with us for some time.

Wouldn't call a potential customer a "muppet" just because they don't understand the whys and wherefores of quoting for something that has a multitude of variables.

How many time do you think they've called on the services of a professional before? Probably never.

Surely if they knew what they were talking about then they wouldn't be ringing you in the first place. It's how you handle the enquiry is the key to this, rather than belittling the potential customer.

Asking relevant questions to qualify the enquiry and dealing with it professionally, whilst educating the customer so they understand the situation would be the correct approach.

Or maybe this is the preferred approach:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by pleasant