Are you putting quotes together tonight?

button1803

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the people that don't write quotes to mrs miggins..

What if you do the job and they say you haven't done this or that. You feel a fool cuz you have no back up to say that's how the job was going to be???

Not at all.

Once they have accepted your back of a fag packet/verbal/whatever quote, you can put the job spec etc. in writing and run over it again before you start work if it makes you both happy.

Pretty simple really.

Like Kernowstu, my work is normally handshake or verbal stuff.

what about door step trading regulations?

i have "cooling off "period on bottom of my quotes. I think that if someone is savy about doorstep trading regs, if you dont offer cooling off period they can refuse t pay and aint a lot you can do about it.

in 20 years of being in buisness only done a few full on quotes,even 10k job for barratt homes was verbal.i still think and like handshake are the best

Yep,handshake every time.Writing every last detail down in front of a domestic client can easily give the impression of a detective taking down a statement.

Yep,handshake every time.Writing every last detail down in front of a domestic client can easily give the impression of a detective taking down a statement.

You don't so it in front of the customer. You take notes while looking at the job. Go home write the quote up then email/post it. They know exActly what they are getting and you know exactly what you are doing.

Not at all.

Once they have accepted your back of a fag packet/verbal/whatever quote, you can put the job spec etc. in writing and run over it again before you start work if it makes you both happy.

Pretty simple really.

Like Kernowstu, my work is normally handshake or verbal stuff.

Once you put your spec together that sounds like a quote. You send them a spec then.

in 20 years of being in buisness only done a few full on quotes,even 10k job for barratt homes was verbal.i still think and like handshake are the best

Surely though you will have already been thier preferred client in that situation. ie theres no way you priced up a job for a new commercial client on the verbal!

If so your a way better man than me.:thumbup:

Was thinking about the verbal quotes been said. Surely they would only except the quote there and then if they have already had quotes and yours was the cheapest. Or they don't care about money and anyone will do. Or you have been recommended so they except the quote purely on recommendation.

Just thinking out loud

So for the people that don't write quotes to mrs miggins..

What if you do the job and they say you haven't done this or that. You feel a fool cuz you have no back up to say that's how the job was going to be???

You are thinking what you would do in this situation if you hadn't written it down:001_rolleyes:

There are ways to avoid these situations but you will learn:biggrin: