greenmech feed roller prob.

carlos

hi we have a problem with our 9" pto machine,

basicly the feed rollers wont engage it is as if the antistress has kicked in.

the little antistress light just flashes red.

any ideas ??? i have cleaned the flywheel sensor but no difference.??

thanks carl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydraulic oil level?

Would say sensor fault but you cleaned it? Is there power to it?

Is the computer at fault. Any wires hanging or loose? All connections ok?

Sounds like a computer fault, might need reprogramme for the sensor, they can get knocked out of time so it doesn't feed properly.

hi we have a problem with our 9" pto machine,

basicly the feed rollers wont engage it is as if the antistress has kicked in.

the little antistress light just flashes red.

any ideas ??? i have cleaned the flywheel sensor but no difference.??

thanks carl

Just had a similar problem with my tow along EC150.

Engine runs fine but feed rollers wouldnt take in brash. It turned out to be the coupling from the engine to hydrolics. It had a plastic bush that had worn away which in turn made the steel coupling to wear away. Got a replacement part from Greenmech and after 1 and a half hours use the new ally one has started to crack.

Not a happy chappy. Im thinking of getting a new steel one milled.

Good luck with yours.

It's either the circuit board under the engine cover back right, or the pressure switch on the stop bar. Possibly the restart buttons on the side of the hopper.

Start with the pressure switch, grab the little wheel on the switch with some grips and pull it outwards, if it sorts the problem remove the switch then unscrew the 4 screws and clean and lubricate the piston.

If that's not it, look at the circuit board and check for broken tracks, and loose spade connectors, make sure the relay engages when the revs are up and the reset button is pressed.

TD Tree & Land Services Ltd.

If the light is flashing red, then it isn't sensing motion. The gap between the tip of the sensor and lugs on the collar are crucial, and it may be that the wiring or plug on the sensor is faulty. Take the box lid off and check that all the wires on the female side of the plug too. I used to open up the pins in the socket and close down the females on the plug a tad to be sure of a decent contact. The sensor itself could have failed and trial but substitution may be the only answer. The box is tamper proof as the PCB is set in shock absorbing goo. Don't change the settings on the dials either.

With regards to the pump coupling on the EC150, they have to be in line, the slightest discrepancy will mean that the drive will be eaten away again. Loosely bolt the alloy housing in place and offer up the pump to the register that it sits in. If it doesn't fit dead easy, try moving the housing up/down and left/right until it drops in. Hold the housing in place and tighten up the bolts. GreenMech keep a "slave" so that proper alignment can be acheived, I believe Mac and Jason have lent it out now and again. Ring them on 01789 400044 or take it too your nearest GreenMech dealer.

thanks guys for the replys i think it must be a sensor or circiut problem had a good look at the set up but could not see anything amiss. the boss is gona ring the greenmech dealer and see what they can do.

thanks carl.

• 1 month later...

update, have a new box and a new proximity sensor that i soldered onto the old shape plug.

the proximity sensor lights up on the back as the flywheel spins but i am still only getting the red flashing light and no in feed.

running out of ideas as are is green mech rep.

so any other suggestions?????

thanks carl.

Besides the stop-bars, cut-outs etc,

If its PTO, perhaps somehow the old sensor etc prior to totally failing was misreading the RPM long turm, thus tricking the chipper NS into thinking the flywheel was turning faster than it was, now with the new sensor etc its reading the RPM’s corectly but because it was under-reading before and you have got use to using the tractor at X rpm on the tractor rev counter it is now to low an RPM for the LED to turn green thus allow the feed rollers to work.

Try a higher tractor RPM, the last Greenmech PTO chipper I used, the LED changed from red to green almost exactly on 540rpm for the 540rpm PTO speed so needed to be ~600rpm no-load so the tractor engine had a small range to be pulled down to before the NS kicked in.

If its drawing power from e.g. a trailer light socket, have you checked the chipper is getting a good earth or positive supply via the trailer light socket, a deficient earth or just a bad positive connection will reduce the voltage quite easily <9v which can hamper electronics and relays thing from working thus staying in fail-safe mode.