"Townie Trucks"

Sam Thompson

Met a guy in the village who was stopping at the local centre parks today. He was driving a Puma 110 Station Wagon with blacked out windows, that stupid silver "fat" grille and huge, 20inch alloys and full leather interior. He started chatting to me (I had just posted a letter) about landrovers, he said that he couldn't understand what the diff-lock was about :001_huh: After I tried explaining it a bit to him he started picking my truck apart, asking why I let it get so muddy and rusty! Ended up really pished off so told him it was a working truck, and I needed to be off.

Never had anything like that before, left me a bit speechless! Ended up thinking about the huge number are Landrovers especially that never see mud, I can't understand why you would want one as a town car!

Pointless rant over!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a guy in the village who was stopping at the local centre parks today. He was driving a Puma 110 Station Wagon with blacked out windows, that stupid silver "fat" grille and huge, 20inch alloys and full leather interior. He started chatting to me (I had just posted a letter) about landrovers, he said that he couldn't understand what the diff-lock was about :001_huh: After I tried explaining it a bit to him he started picking my truck apart, asking why I let it get so muddy and rusty! Ended up really pished off so told him it was a working truck, and I needed to be off.

Never had anything like that before, left me a bit speechless! Ended up thinking about the huge number are Landrovers especially that never see mud, I can't understand why you would want one as a town car!

Pointless rant over!

HI MATE there lots like that in bath I've no time for people like that jon :thumbup:

I would hazzard a guess that most of the new Defenders sold over the last few years have been to people like him. They became very trendy (and expensive) even to the point where you see mummys driving them to school and I doubt any of them would know what a difflock is!!

I would also say the vast majority of Land Rovers sold never get used for what they were built for, off road wise, hence the 2 wheel drive Freelanders and Evoques.

A Landy is not a Landy if it a, has no mud on it, b, has no oil leak.

This is why they made the disco 3.

I hate it when people have I nice shinney land rover, proves they are not using it like its suppose to be used and it's going to waste.

I always get pulled by people about not cleaning mine, I just say coz if I clean it bits will fall off.

Can't be doing with blingy ones of any sort - there's very little a bog standard one can't do.

I couldn't agree more. I love mine but would never have one as a town car - no leg room and you bang your elbow on the door. But for work I can't think of anything better (for me anyway) :).

I don't actually mind driving mine, especially round town as you can see what's going on, it's a doddle to park and generally other cars give you plenty of room. I don't find it uncomfy either. Did 6000 miles in a fortnight a couple of years ago and it took it all in it's stride (and I could still walk and hear afterwards :lol: )

My next door neighbour has a nice black shiny latest generation Discovery, with big wheels and blacked out windows. He seems to use it as his mobile office - seems to sit in it outside his house for hours at a time on his phone. Hmmmm.