One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

We are proud to be one of the first 'Aspen Service Centres' and have just today received the new signage.

Keep an eye out for these signs at any Aspen dealers you visit, they will be rolling out at qualifying dealers throughout the country in the next few weeks.

Appointment to Aspen Service Centre status signifies that the dealer has a very full understanding of the product and is totally committed to using Aspen in the workshop where appropriate, and supplying new machines with a fill of Aspen.

Expert help and advice on Aspen will be available from these Service Centres.

P1020167.jpg.7c85810bcc67be4b4026dedfae4c1f76.jpg

That's good new GardenKit, well done, hopefully that could mean I don't have to constantly reminder my local dealer that I only use aspen and to pi new stuff on it and use it when stuffs in getting sorted.

Got that fed up a while back when we had a bit of a run of issues, mostly pole saws and hedge cutters that I bought a extra 5ltr can, got a big pen, wrote my name on it and gave it to the macanic out back to use when sorting my stuff who by the way is an absolute star!

That's good new GardenKit, well done, hopefully that could mean I don't have to constantly reminder my local dealer that I only use aspen and to pi new stuff on it and use it when stuffs in getting sorted.

Got that fed up a while back when we had a bit of a run of issues, mostly pole saws and hedge cutters that I bought a extra 5ltr can, got a big pen, wrote my name on it and gave it to the macanic out back to use when sorting my stuff who by the way is an absolute star!

This sort of attitude was what brought around the concept of the Aspen Service Centres in the first place.

It was found that it was all very well setting up dealers to sell cans of Aspen, but it is a product which really needs a great deal of commitment and understanding from all of the staff in the dealership to really work well for both the dealer and the customer.

There will still be dealers who do not meet the criteria to be a Service Centre and will be quite happy to be just an outlet for the product.

• 5 weeks later...

One of yesterdays jobs revealed a classic reason to use Aspen.

The Honda mower had been standing for about 18 months whilst the owner moved house.

As normal, the machine had not been prepared for storage and the petrol had been left in the tank, with the results in the picture, which shows the mixing (emulsification) tube above the main jet.

The gunge on the tube is down to the chemical reaction that takes place between petrol and water from the atmosphere which has been absorbed by the ethanol content of the fuel. This is known as 'phase separation' .

The cure was to dismantle the carb and clean in the Ultrasonic Bath for 30 minutes at 60deg.

Easily enough done, but had the machine been run on Aspen this would never have happened.

P1020186.jpg.575af73404200fa7b63efb3e597df505.jpg

Yet another example of 'phase separation' encountered yesterday on a Ride On mower.

This machine had only been unused since the last cut of last season but this amount of gel had formed, blocking the main jet.

This is the early form of gel and was not even accompanied by the stale petrol smell.

We are seeing this on a regular basis now, and its totally down to the ethanol in fuel.

P1020190.jpg.c2fd13a0f3027682a104b7bdf6d8231a.jpg

Yet another example of 'phase separation' encountered yesterday on a Ride On mower.

This machine had only been unused since the last cut of last season but this amount of gel had formed, blocking the main jet.

This is the early form of gel and was not even accompanied by the stale petrol smell.

We are seeing this on a regular basis now, and its totally down to the ethanol in fuel.

[ATTACH]202578[/ATTACH]

Getting a few in the door now in that sort of condition , for some reason Kawasaki carbs tend to suffer the worst ! gel found in one after sitting 3 months