What camera are you using?

JimM

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got myself a canon G12... can be very technical, if you need it to be and is pretty heavy but seems really good.... so far!

The only thing I wish it had was Geotagging!! but that's a whole different ball game!

Me too,belting camera.:thumbup1:

I like the idea of a compact camera with some water and shock resistance, but its now down to persuading the missus to release the additional funds. (This is going to be harder than justifying a new saw) :lol:

I like the idea of a compact camera with some water and shock resistance, but its now down to persuading the missus to release the additional funds. (This is going to be harder than justifying a new saw) :lol:

I bought my wife one as a present, she's hardly seen it since she unwrapped it as it keeps mysteriously migrating to the cab of the landrover:thumbup::thumbup:

I've been shooting with a Canon 400D for the past 5 years on a 17-40L lens (for wide angle tree shots) and a 100-400L for shooting wildlife and arborists aloft, it's a good little camera thats been with me all over the place - the rubber grip is falling off and I've never cleaned the sensor or innards... But in my experience it's the lens that really takes the shot at least in SLR terms.

Can't really comment on compacts, but I'm guessing the way manufacturers are pushing things it's going towards smaller micro 4/3 sensors.

I'm drooling over the new Canon 5d Mark III ^_^. Really wanting the HD movie capacity.

Me too,belting camera.:thumbup1:

I have the G9 and don't trust Canon because it has died because of a generic fault with loose screws shorting the DC board.

Geotagging is not a big issue if you have a smartphone or gps device, make sure the gps is on and has lock, either synchronise the camera and gps or photgraph the time on the device and then use software like gpicsync to tag the files.

I have the G9 and don't trust Canon because it has died because of a generic fault with loose screws shorting the DC board.

Geotagging is not a big issue if you have a smartphone or gps device, make sure the gps is on and has lock, either synchronise the camera and gps or photgraph the time on the device and then use software like gpicsync to tag the files.

That screw loose is a known problem with the G9,but does not affect the later G series,pain in the pixels though.