How many hours

Dean Lofthouse

My mate recently changed profession, sold his kitchen and bathroom design/fitting business which he'd built up himself and was doing quite well, to become a FOREX trader (from the comfort if his own home) and is easily making a grand a week tax free!

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

Thats called spread betting, short term currency trading, no tax on spread betting as it classed as betting which is tax free,

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thread

Surprised how many hours some of you work

I'm sure there is no one answer though if you feel that work is taking control then something has to be done about it and there are some good pointers on here for dealing with the problem.

Personally I've always thought it a bit of a macho brag when people work exceeding long hours. You only destroy yourself and those around you.

The big problem for small businesses is that not every job is a cherry pick.

Paul Jenks has it spot on with the relationship thing IMO

Try to get into your customers head and build a trust relationship.

• 1 month later...

Generally 8.30 to 5.30 in day job, but some days can be 5am starts & 10pm finishes depending on where we're working, then 8 till 11 ish in the evenings on 'other jobs' [not counting 3 hours housework & sorting kids while wife's at work!], one full day every other weekend, sometimes more... so, er, usually about 65 hours a week. But that's mostly stuck in front of a PC.

And I'm still f*in broke....

7.30am till 7pm most of the time ..then home to email quotes.

I do the work around 4 days a week anbd do quotes, fix equipment , paperwork the other 3.

80 hrs total work a week is common for self-employed tree surgeons. you only get out what you put in.

Sadly I disagree with that point. I used to put loads of effort in and get loads of money out. Now I put even more effort in and get even less money out.