How many hours

Dean Lofthouse

Interested in how many hours others put in per week, especially self employed.

Just about to go to work again this morning and by the end of today I will have clocked up 74 hours and only just over half of that paid work.

Recently I did over 80 hours, unsustainable I know, but I do all my own servicing and have moved yards recently and my yard is a big yard which needed lots of fencing, barn building, earth moving etc etc and lot of equipment to service

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i usually average 12hrs a day at this time of year. so, say 60 from monday to friday.

did 5 hrs on a job yesterday (saturday) to finish it.

came home and started ripping the bathroom out !!!

i'll be fitting some of it today, the rest next weekend

does this count as work ????

that of course dosent include the hour or so each night typing quotes, invoices, m/statements, r/a's etc.

or the nights i'll spend at the end of this month doing the books in rediness for our end of year :(

in fairness, i was told when i went self employed

"forget your weekends and evenings, they no longer exist"

and he was right

:lol:

Its difficult to count really, I do 10 hours a day of actual work (4-5 days a week at the moment), but when I am home I am working as well and I have a lot of paperwork to do today but will interperse that with walking the dog and other sunday things so difficult to get an exact amount.

Feels like a lot though!

No real set figure, Dean. My kit is fairly minimal, just a couple of saws and one vehicle so maintaining it all takes very little time plus most of my work is subbying ie job and knock. I reckon I keep it to less than 40hrs per average 5 day week as the people I work with tend to crack on to get home early :thumbup1: