Any 200T's left ?

Riggerbear

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't set the price- my market has that's the difference.. The customers are offering me more than I was originally asking. Are you seriously suggesting I turn down nearly £180 more than I would normally get if people are happy to do so? I don't think so matey boy.

Tell me- do you take it out on the auctioneer if he is given something that is rare, maybe because it was in short supply to auction and it goes for some incredible amount of money to a winning bidder who is prepared to pay for the privilege of owning it? NO.

Pleasant, if your customers are happy to pay, good luck to you.:thumbup1:

I find it interesting how, on arbtalk there are many threads started about day rates, costs of individual jobs etc etc, and the massive variations there are are put down to regional variations, overheads, local competition etc.

But when it comes to the cost of a saw, they should be the same everywhere, regardless!:001_rolleyes:

One mans feast is another mans poison IMO.

Oh, and for what its worth, I know where there are several 200t's still on the shelf, and even a 200 back hander, but if there's a need for them I might go buy the lot myself and Im sorted till I retire!:001_tt2:

Pleasant's approach to the sales of the MS200t may not be to everyones taste, but it's his business, and if it works for him and his customers are happy with their deal, then good luck to him.

I am a dealer too, but don't have stock of these saws, but if I did, i would not be discounting them beneath the Stihl RRP of £672.00 inc vat for a 14".

Why?

Because the heavy discounts you have all been used to, are due to the very competative nature of the the Stihl market. Every dealer who sells Stihl wants you to buy his saw, but knows that all the others do as well, so a price war develops and the margins made on these sales are less than viable to run a profitable business unless the volumes are large.

In the case of the rare MS200t the situation is reversed, very few dealers have stock, so there is no need to compete. The usual customer statement of "I can get it for £such a price down the road" does not come into it.

Just for once, a dealer with stock can make a reasonable profit on a very few machines. Its perfectly fair. I wish I had some.:001_smile:

The 201t is no where near the same animal as the 200t. That is why I spent the money a new 201t would cost to repare and rebuild 3 older 200t's.

First scenario, new 201t - 500gbp ish and 3 knackered 200's

Second Scenario, rebuild and repair - 500gbp ish. 3 Stonking saws.

A no brainer really.

The 201t is no where near the same animal as the 200t. That is why I spent the money a new 201t would cost to repare and rebuild 3 older 200t's.

First scenario, new 201t - 500gbp ish and 3 knackered 200's

Second Scenario, rebuild and repair - 500gbp ish. 3 Stonking saws.

A no brainer really.

didnt u have one of them modded?, whats it like?