What went wrong today ?

hazzygawa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean Stevie but sometimes if you've had a bad day it's nice to know you're not alone and that there are others that have had worse and are dealing with it!

I agree, it's nice to know that I'm not the only person in this game that has bad days coz sometimes it sure does feel like it.

Don't talent personally mr Blair. It's a thread that is trying to make things that have gone badly in the day slightly better and more up beat. It's good knowing I'm not the only person having a crappy day a a certain time. And it makes good reading for other people. Why don't you start a topic ' what went right in your day?'

Have a nice time sat on a hill :)

So you take comfort in others misery:confused1:

Not at all, but if some one has had a real bad day and things have broken, they are well into the overdraft and feeling pretty skint, they come on hear and read that others are having a similar time, they then feel it not just them, they are not a failure, things are just tough right now and business is not easy.

However (please don't this the wrong way :001_smile: ) if that same person has had the bad day, overdraft, skint,etc, comes on hear and just reads posts from someone saying how well things are going, how they have made loads of money, bought loads of new gear and life is great, they may well think its just them thats struggling and they are a failure.

So IMO we need both, its good to read that some, like you, are doing real well and we can try an pick up some tips on how to try and emulate your success, but its also good to know that we'er not the only ones finding things real tough right now :001_smile:

Not at all, but if some one has had a real bad day and things have broken, they are well into the overdraft and feeling pretty skint, they come on hear and read that others are having a similar time, they then feel it not just them, they are not a failure, things are just tough right now and business is not easy.

However (please don't this the wrong way :001_smile: ) if that same person has had the bad day, overdraft, skint,etc, comes on hear and just reads posts from someone saying how well things are going, how they have made loads of money, bought loads of new gear and life is great, they may well think its just them thats struggling and they are a failure.

So IMO we need both, its good to read that some, like you, are doing real well and we can try an pick up some tips on how to try and emulate your success, but its also good to know that we'er not the only ones finding things real tough right now :001_smile:

Nicely put.

Missing the point as usual.

Ok here is another way of looking at my day yesterday.

up at 7am having to work a satarday, not going to see my kids or have breakfast with them, labourer decides last minute he can't work, so 1 man down already.

End up having to use 4 vehicles for 1 job, back and forth and constantly having to move vehicles to let folk past.

finish job, won't see money for a week and head home, kids are now playing with friends and are not fussed dad is home, mrs is tidying house so I grab a sandwich and go a walk, find out a tennant has done s moonlight flit and has left the house a mess and junk everywhere and have to have a meeting with factor reguarding a case for the lawyer.

but my day peaked when I found this thread and realised plenty others focused on the bad things.:(

:thumbup1:

i agree, life aint all a bed of roses and it is nice to know how others are doing and being able to listen.

Chipper broke a couple of weeks ago but was fixed swiftly. Total losses of a fraction under 3K!

Unimog made a very strange sound on Friday on journey home. Can't see or find anything but it won't be cheap, guaranteed.

MS361 broke.

Need to send three tools to Spudulike but don't have the cash right now.

On the other hand:

The chipper and Mog do a LOT of work every month so it's all in proportion.

I've just bought a Stein Arbor Trolley which is making life easier and so the crew are happier.

Hedge cutting season will be here soon and that is scheduled seasonal work.

We go out to work every day and every day is interesting and a new challenge.

It's all good really.

:

The problem lies in the persons self, if he or she reads that others are in the same boat and this makes them feel better, it only re Inforces their own negative feelings, and basically says its ok to feel so bad about yourself:thumbdown:

My original post was focusing on the simple things, blue sky, and some cash in my wallet.

If thinking a different way can mean that individuals life will head in a new direction, wouldn't you think it is worth trying:001_smile:

Let's just say I am doing well, life is good and I am always happy no matter what life throws at me. Now this can either be a series of good luck OR maybe I am on to something:001_rolleyes: