Illegal cutting.

pie eater pete

Evening all, been upto the new house me and the wife are moving into today to do some painting.

While i was there noticed the guy next door and his son going down the path onto what im sure is council land and lugging an axe, barrow and saw down and ten minutes later hear the saw going?!

Half an hour later his son starts coming back up the hill with the barrow loaded with split logs. Whats the story if he gets caught?

Only asking as the wife pointed out iv gotta yard and garage full of timber which some of the gents on here have let me have and dont want people thinking its me cutting them down!

By the looks of the pile his son amassed id say 2 cubes worth!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wil only get permission to remove wind blown timber from any woods owned by council, unless they are registerd company doing works, I doubt it tho. Call the council and ask if you can get permission to remove any wind blown, if they say no then drop in that the neighbour is doing it?

any responsible arborist would report it! none of us want to stir up trouble but me personally have been in this industry since i left school simply because i love the environment i work in and conservation is always at the top of my agenda!

Its our duty to protect the job we love:biggrin:

Cheers for the replies gents, we haven't even moved into the new place yet but it's aggravating me that this fella is just going round willy nilly with a saw. Don't really want to get into a neighbour dispute but it's not as if he's picking up a few windblown branches! I'm gonna take the dog out tomoro and see what hes done.:sneaky2: