Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

Faith is a choice, people chose to believe.

Its not a case of a sound logical argument being built which leads to a conclusion.

When debating with people of faith, as soon as you show them the contradictions in the bible or point out that the earth must be more than 7000 years old, or any other sound reasoning that undermines their faith, they bow out of the debate or say gods understanding is greater than ours, so can't understand all his ways.

They don't want their faith tested by debate, they want it to be true and want to keep their faith.

Which is fine but they should not be surprised when those of us who wish to look at facts before believing in something chose not to believe.

Edited by skyhuck

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that was not my intention just a bit feed up with all the questions from people who IMO just want a rant....

I could ask you awkward questions but to b honest I cant see any profit in it, over and out

No worries mate, keep on choppin'.

I really didn't think my original question was that awkward though. :001_tt2:

Sorry that was not my intention just a bit feed up with all the questions from people who IMO just want a rant, and who are tryin to trap people, I know he loves me cause he gave his son for me, and I see his power in mine and others life's. I could ask you awkward questions but to b honest I cant see any profit in it, over and out

Many men lay down thier lives for the sake of others (see the military for one example) that doesnt mean they are the sons of god, but if someone told me they where the sons of god would I believe THEM?

man told the story of jesus, and man perpetuated the story

I am interested in Religions per se, although not religious. BUT as I believe in things I can see or have evidence to confirm.

I have had a lot of lengthy conversation with a couple of mates who are ex JW regarding this topic.

I just find that a number of Christians have an inability to provide evidence to back up there beliefs. I cannot help how my brain is hard wired and as such I asked to see evidence. Saying it is that way because it is is not evidence enough for me.

Maybe it is just coming across differently in text what I am trying to say, as to how it sounds in my head... :biggrin:

What I was trying to say is that what your asking is essentially a contradiction in terms. :001_smile:

Any religion is based on the belief that you have a soul. If believe you have a soul you need to choose a religion or make up your own ideals. I don't care what people believe so long as they don't try to impose their ideals on others. None of us are going to find out for real until we die, so no point fighting over it

Any religion is based on the belief that you have a soul. If believe you have a soul you need to choose a religion or make up your own ideals. I don't care what people believe so long as they don't try to impose their ideals on others. None of us are going to find out for real until we die, so no point fighting over it

The Jehovah's Witness don't believe we have a soul, they believe that this was the first lie that the devil (in the form of a snake) told to Eve, that she would not die, because of her soul, if we have a soul,then we don't really die, so don't need Jesus to die for our sins.