PPI claim backs.

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been paying £12.41 per month for the last thirteen years for mortgage payment protection insurance, waste of money really as my mortgage is only £176 a month but I did what I did and took out the cover.

My question's are, can I claim it back and has anyone else ever tried to claim back PPI?

If you find you've been paying for PPI you didn't know about, it's worth investigating. But note that if you weren't actually misinformed about, or mis-sold, PPI you're unlikely to have a case, and there's little point in starting a claim without good grounds.

• 1 year later...

Just a resurrect to this thread.

I hadn't bothered looking into my old loans but when I was in my bank in March I asked about it.

Filled a form out, sent it in, bank phoned me a couple of weeks later to ask a couple of questions and I subsequently forgot all about it.

Got a fat letter in the post this morning from Lloyds with all my loan and ppi info in it, apparently they've 'upheld my complaint', which was more of a passing stab in the dark really. :001_huh::001_tongue:

Anyway, the letter reads a bit funny and there are lots of figures and 'offers', so I'm not entirely clear how much I'm getting back, but it's somewhere between £2700............:thumbup1: And £8300 :w00t::w00t::w00t::thumbup:

I'm not sure where though! Will find out in the next month when it arrives in the account :biggrin:

Either way it's a damn sight better than a kick in the balls!

They pay 8% interest as well!:biggrin:

Edited by WorcsWuss

Nice 1, I just realised I have a £33 a month DD for a PPI, meeting my financial guy this week. Haven't a clue how long I have been paying it, and I have had loads of loans, finance and mortgages over the years .

Not sure where you'd stand on that one but for any loans you've had you can download a form from the bank and send it in, easy as pie. Got to be worth a try :thumbup:

I got £8.4K last year from Northern rock, thay had added PPi to an extension on my mortgage, so not the original mortgage but the additional drawdown amount, back when they were doing 110% mortgages, so the first 90% was no PPI but then I got the 20% extra it had PPI on it. Definatly without my knowing!

Mick if you chose to take the PPi then it might not be missold, but the fact that you are SE employed means its worthless to you anyway so that is misselling as you should have been informed.

If in doubt just say you dont recall asking for it, its up to them to prove otherwise, but mention you are self employed (I assume you were back then too?) and that you wouldnt have been able to claim on it anyway and it should be fine.