p/c question

Johny Walker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours is a long time for a scan unless your hard drive is chocker or your processor is a bit knackered. I would be a bit concerned. Try a defrag to free up space on your hard drive which should help:001_smile: processor speed , then run a full deep scan

Paul

whats a full deep scan , were will i find it ,:confused1:

done a defrag & a dics clean up ,whats else is ther

Given that the hardware in a mac is ABSOLUTELY the same as in any PC out there, there is not more reliability guarantee on the hardware either, albeit it is in a pretty box. For example your discdrive is a samsung unit. However apple being what they are they ensure that instead of buying an off the shelf unit for about £30, you have to have one off apple which they have put their own key into which will set you back well over £150 for the same item.:(

what is a rootkit scan :confused1: p/c has been doing it for 3hrs now ,know idea what it is

just to clarify, what software is running the rootkit scan??

Very common for fake anti-virus software to run these scans then tell you you have loads of problems, when you dont.

Also, you dont need to pay for any anti virus software. There is plenty of good free stuff out there that does the job. Infact, the number of pc's/laptops I get given to sort out, the majority of the problems are caused by some of more popular paid for anti virus software.

The absolute worst is this 'Rapport' that some of the banks push on their customers. its free, but wow does it cause problems.

I can only speak from my own experience mate (please see my signature):001_smile:

Since getting my mac I have had hassle free use, no more screen freezing or "program X will not respond, please restart"

I turn it on and it just starts, unlike the microsoft laptops I've had that took ages to get going.

I find using this mac a totally relaxing experience, unlike my previous 3 laptops which used to drive me up the wall.