Went to price a job today and could not believe my eyes

treebloke

I would not touch it unless it was a council owned site with someone in charge .Have done this type before and it makes me shudder . They will want more and more done each day with a series of " can you just" lines . I even had one job where we had to reduce a long hedge and in it was some hazel . a huge fight broke out between those that wanted to lower the hedge and those that wanted us to leave the nut trees . Good luck whatever you choose .

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have two sites local to us the one i would not set foot on let alone work on the other is run by a middle age traveller who i have done some work for he is fair and all ways comes to the job when finished and thanks everyone and pays cash. There site has 25+ vans on and is immaculate. Good and bad in all walks of life i think your just as likely to get taken by someone in a mansion as you are someone in a mobile home. :001_smile:

In my profession I found that some travellers were fair but most took the attitude that stitching you up was part of their lifestyle and they would if they could. Equally, though, they were realists and would respect being told that 'you were happy to do the job but had been stitched up by their brothers before and wanted paying in advance.'

Heck why trust them more than they trust you?

And I wouldn't turn my back on my drugs case either..

ive works all over this country for trabellers/ gypsy what i price for i get paid in full and in cash for half cash/ half cheuqe soon as you do a good job for one then the word spreds and you get a phone call saying would you go 70 miles away and do some work for someone they know ive even had them pay me befor i even start the work dont rubish them all all they ones i work for has been nice people and i would trust them i also rent my yard oe travellers too

i would not trust it come across them a lot and in london had all two stokes nicked off van 2 nd time kept 1 staff talking weres is nearst pub thay said one coved bak of our van with there van wen walked up to van all locks been riped out lucky did not get in

:confused1: Is this a joke?????????:confused1:

No - alot can't read or write. A group came into a 'pie pub' and asked for a steak, the waiter realized their problem and helped them out. Loads more examples if needed, I'm not against them just different systems.

It's a different game dealing with them, as other posts have noted, it's like horse trading by handshakes.

No - alot can't read or write. A group came into a 'pie pub' and asked for a steak, the waiter realized their problem and helped them out. Loads more examples if needed, I'm not against them just different systems.

It's a different game dealing with them, as other posts have noted, it's like horse trading by handshakes.

If your dealing with genuine gypsies then youd be hard pushed to find a more decent type of person. On the other hand if these are irish travellers then the likelihood of you getting ripped off/kit stolen etc is extremely high. we can only judge by our own experiences and i personally would have no dealings with then what so ever. If you dont get involved with them they cant rip you off.