SH ride on advice

carlos

hi iam looking to buy a used ride on mower for my own use plus hopfully a few cutting jobs.

just after some advice on what to check when veiwing a machine??

i realise new is better but i cant afford/justify it.

also any makes to aviod.

thanks carl.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If possible see if there is any service history associated with make/model your interested in. That can tell a lot about what has been done and what will be need to be done pretty quick. Otherwise check all of the usual items including tires belts fuel lines wiring carb and fuel tank if the fuel smells spoiled or old, that could be additional work down the road. of course give it a test run and make sure the blade is engaged during this try out. If the engine seems to be struggling during this try out or the transmission is sloppy think twice about the purchase same if it is hydrostatic and check all hydro lines and connections for leaks or cracks. Happy Hunting.

easy-lift guy

hi iam looking to buy a used ride on mower for my own use plus hopfully a few cutting jobs.

just after some advice on what to check when veiwing a machine??

i realise new is better but i cant afford/justify it.

also any makes to aviod.

thanks carl.

I have a diesel kubota i was thinking of selling in the spring if interested please p.m me

This is too broad a request to give a sensible answer.

To refine the search, so to speak, a little more info is required.

Cutting width, generally 30" 36" 42" 48" 54" 60"

Cut & collect, Side discharge, Rear Discharge, Mulch

Petrol or Diesel

Manual transmission, or Hydrostatic

budget

supply the answers to these questions and I can offer good advise without writing a book:001_rolleyes:

I agree that Etesia make good ride-ons, I dont get many in for service but have been impressed with them. They are however a bit expensive when bought new and tend to be sold to commercial users.

I do get a fair few Etesia walk behind mowers in for service and I really can't see why people think they are so special. The handlebars are unstable, the levers are poor, the wheels go all wobbly.

In my opinion the John Deere (Sabo) mowers are far stronger.

The John Deere garden tractors are also excellent.

I agree that Etesia make good ride-ons, I dont get many in for service but have been impressed with them. They are however a bit expensive when bought new and tend to be sold to commercial users.

I do get a fair few Etesia walk behind mowers in for service and I really can't see why people think they are so special. The handlebars are unstable, the levers are poor, the wheels go all wobbly.

In my opinion the John Deere (Sabo) mowers are far stronger.

The John Deere garden tractors are also excellent.

they are the only mower that i have used that pick all the grass up when long and wet, and fill the grass box right to the brim, the box also clipss on quickly, the 'full' indicator is also handy,, and as for the handle being unstable isnt true, havnt tried the newer style but havnt had any problems with mine and my one was abused befor i got it, mine could do with replaceing tho, (2001 model) it has the old suzuki 2 stroke engine and tis running abit poor at the mo.