other top handled saws, advice plz.

butler

Your right Huck,the 200 is way ahead of the rest,I like the little echo for light pruning as it a smaller saw body,much lighter,& easier to one hand dare I say.

Cuts at about half the speed of a 200 on four inch stuff,but much the same on anything under a couple of inches.:001_smile:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the problem, IMO the 020 is streets ahead of all the others, for the sake of a few £100 its just not worth putting up with second best.

For me its not about the cost, i do find the 020 a lot bulkier than some of the other brands and i find the extra power of the sthil doesn't save that much time. IMO the durability of the sthil is its only superior quality.

This is the problem, IMO the 020 is streets ahead of all the others, for the sake of a few £100 its just not worth putting up with second best.

If on a budget tho, I'd be getting an AMA and while that's earning, I'd be putting away for an 020, at the moment they are the best,

Just watch this space Dave haha

Your right Huck,the 200 is way ahead of the rest,I like the little echo for light pruning as it a smaller saw body,much lighter,& easier to one hand dare I say.

Cuts at about half the speed of a 200 on four inch stuff,but much the same on anything under a couple of inches.:001_smile:

You'll find that most, if not all the top-handled offerings from Echo, Tanaka, Zenoah et al are re-badged Efco chainsaws. Save even more money and just buy the Efco model and cut out the middle mans profit margin.

Be careful when someone tells you that AMA are an Italian company- AMA ARE based in Italy, but these saws are Chinese sourced and not made in Italy. They are a generic saw that has been sticker branded with unpteen different importers names.

I'm only mentioning this because having read most posters' opinions of chinese saws (including thefake Stihl/Huskys) of the poor safety features, quality and reliability it would appear most are against entertaing such a prospect.

Just a thought.

i have the echo cs330t i dont think you can get this model in the uk its 33 cc running it on a 14inch bar quit a nippy saw not quite a ms200t but have a resonable sharp chain on it and its not that far of one mite be a super saw on 12inch bar have had it 6 years now and havent had one problem with it i will recomend the saw only down side i can saw if its a cold morning start the saw and let it tick over for 30s to a minute if not you will get a cough be for it will pick up rev soon as warm runs sweet as a nut i only paid 165 pound for it brand new from usa and thats with shipping it back here i did bought the hitachi topper same as the one in F.R JONES from the state that work out 230 with shipping it back but havent had it started only bought it for when the trusty echo give up its ghost you can have a saving from the states but be aware there is import duty to pay unless its been marked down as a gift on the customs sending sheet then it free im lucky as i have a friend who live out there and he buys what i ask for sends them to me for 240 pound i could have had a ms192t with 12inch bar

You'll find that most, if not all the top-handled offerings from Echo, Tanaka, Zenoah et al are re-badged Efco chainsaws. Save even more money and just buy the Efco model and cut out the middle mans profit margin.

not sure on that one i have echos and there totaly difrent from efco/oleomac i use to know a dealer who use to sell efco/oleomac and there topper was totaly difrent all together stust me on that one 90% of my saws it echo saw but if the efco saw are like there hedge cutter as the hedge cutters are far better than the big stihls i replaced them with wish i could find some where near and cheap as i use to buy them for

not sure on that one i have echos and there totaly difrent from efco/oleomac i use to know a dealer who use to sell efco/oleomac and there topper was totaly difrent all together stust me on that one 90% of my saws it echo saw but if the efco saw are like there hedge cutter as the hedge cutters are far better than the big stihls i replaced them with wish i could find some where near and cheap as i use to buy them for

Echo CS-260TES: [30045-english]CS-260TES | ECHO global and the Efco MT2600 (minus the echo specified primer bulb): Snoei kettingzaag efco mt2600 - Te koop | 2dehands.be

Zenoah G2500: Zenoah Top Handle Chainsaw

On the producation line in Italy where Efcos ARE made they have several production lines producing the same saws just in differing colour schemes for each of their customers.