MS261 Needle Bearing (Sproket Bearing Etc)

R0B

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine last january its had eight new sprockets including bearings a new crank shaft and an oil pump . All work was done under the warranty and this week the bearings have gone again , dealer gave me a refund so got a 341 apparently its dodgy sprockets .

Got mine last january its had eight new sprockets including bearings a new crank shaft and an oil pump . All work was done under the warranty and this week the bearings have gone again , dealer gave me a refund so got a 341 apparently its dodgy sprockets .

Hell fire thats bad! :thumbdown:

excellent.... wish Id bought a 560xpg now....

i bought a 372xp just before xmas,was in for the 560xp but they were having a few teething probs,when getting warm very hard to start,there are a few chaps on here who bought one and are now raving about them:sneaky2:

hope to pick one up this year..

dont regret buying the 372 though,awesome machine:thumbup:

We have a 261 and have had no problems. Going to strip the 261 and one of our 341 as it has a bit of a rattle coming from the clutch housing when on idle with the chain brake on.

thought u had a problem with the saw cutting out when the chain break was on

We have a 261 and have had no problems. Going to strip the 261 and one of our 341 as it has a bit of a rattle coming from the clutch housing when on idle with the chain brake on.

sounds like needle bearing to me:thumbdown:

Yep

we reported this a few months ago

Jonesie fixed it under warranty but

Hope is isn't a recurring problem as theres a business cost to all repair shop issues

Nice saw though- loads of power

I'm thinking if it happens again then it's a 'not fit for purpose' job and I'll be expecting a refund or PX. Don't want saws to be a problem on top of all the usual