climber wage

edwood

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's climbers and there's climbers. for over a ton a day you have to be good. the OP is still at college, IME it takes about 3 years regular climbing to become good.

good cutters can get 120 to 150 a day , dont make a lot off sense climbers wages now? i used to get 150 a day climbing 25 years ago cutters made 70 then. :confused1::confused1:

i pay my climber £180 for a good full day or £150 for an easy day and he might be done by lunch time... sometimes i'll offer him £250 for the day if he gets the job finished.. when were busy he'll be doing 3 or 4 days out of 6 for me.... i have a full time lad who does a certain amount of climbing and he's on 80 a day but i guarantee him 5 days a week....

• 2 years later...

21k a year, after tax £1400 a month which is £70 a day as a climber, don't sound much when your talking about 150 a day...and iv just gone from self employed to on the books. Self employed I was on £120 a day.

That being said, the company has just brought me 2k worth of kit, PPE, harness, ropes ect ect, iv just passed my stump grinder course (payed for) and I'm on my CS 41 (payed for) in September, followed by mewp. Start at 8 finish at 4, and 330 on a Friday, work 5 days a week and if I want to top my money up I climb at weekends for anyone one who needs me...day rate isn't everything, I like the benefits of guaranteed work and nice working hours. No late finishes for me or long drives to site. Each to there own I suppose 👍

21k a year, after tax £1400 a month which is £70 a day as a climber, don't sound much when your talking about 150 a day...and iv just gone from self employed to on the books. Self employed I was on £120 a day.

That being said, the company has just brought me 2k worth of kit, PPE, harness, ropes ect ect, iv just passed my stump grinder course (payed for) and I'm on my CS 41 (payed for) in September, followed by mewp. Start at 8 finish at 4, and 330 on a Friday, work 5 days a week and if I want to top my money up I climb at weekends for anyone one who needs me...day rate isn't everything, I like the benefits of guaranteed work and nice working hours. No late finishes for me or long drives to site. Each to there own I suppose 👍

Where do we sign??!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I wish man.

Where did u work before? What do u climb on hitch wise does your company allow mechanical gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Iv worked all over mate, mainly birmingham area, seems to be where most the work is. I climb on a HC but there happy for you to climb on what ever you want, one lad climbs on a SJ