Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

On 25/03/2021 at 12:53, nepia said:

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to tell us all this Joe.  I find it fascinating as it relates to such a different environment and species set to ours.

Keep it coming!

I had some time so I thought I'd stop in and see what birds you have seen this spring? My Blue Birds, over the last 3-4 years, have worn the hole in the box bigger, so other birds are interested in the box now. So, they moved to another box I can't see from my desk. Common House Sparrows moved in. My daughter found a Bald Eagle nest. That thing is giant. It looks like a 6' long green ice cream cone in the tree. Before the leaves started coming out she said you could see the adults setting in the nest. Now with the leaves out I could just see the nest, but no birds. If she sends me the pics, I'll post them. I live in the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains and we have a very diverse and abundant variety of birds. A few days ago I looked out from my desk and got a pic of a Ruby Breasted Grosbeak, only the second time I've seen them, a Blue Bird, and a Red headed Woodpecker, all in the same pic. I'm going to try to post a pic. I think the last time I had trouble posting and forget what I did to resolve the problem? Clicking and dragging is not working for me. I'll try IMGUR again?

https://i.imgur.com/r10DMIo.jpg[/img]

• Like 2

It amazes me how birds find food. I haven't had any Morning Doves. I got a new bag of bird food that has a lot of cracked corn in it. The birds that like Sunflower seeds throw all the corn out of the feeder. Now every morning and every evening the Morning Dove show up and eat all the corn. My daughter said she didn't get any pics of the Eagles. They are pretty common around here, I'll try and get some.