Show us ya birds !

David Humphries

2 hours ago, Blackbriarwoods said:

Wish you were closer, I'd get you take some for me, we've an albino heron and a bittern around here that I try and get a picture of (only on an i-phone) to put on here, ends up looking like dust spec on the lens 

Cheers mate. Yeah having upgraded to a bigger lens for the camera about 4 times to get to a satisfying result, I understand what you mean. 👍 sounds like it would be a good place to get some nice shots.

On 02/05/2023 at 20:59, ABtrees said:

..... unless you're @Pete W !!!!

Loved the ducklings btw

Stop it, you're making me blush.

I don't think you can ever stop learning, with wildlife photography knowing your subject and location is probably more important than the technical side. Also patience and a willingness to suffer a certain amount of discomfort, as standing in one position for an hour or so can become quite painful! I have been visiting these Gorse bushes for over 30 years, so I know what I'm likely to find. The light makes all the difference though, Meadow Pipit out in the brightness, Whitethroat lurking in the gloom.

DFF_2408.jpg

DFF_3025_01.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Pete W said:

Stop it, you're making me blush.

I don't think you can ever stop learning, with wildlife photography knowing your subject and location is probably more important than the technical side. Also patience and a willingness to suffer a certain amount of discomfort, as standing in one position for an hour or so can become quite painful! I have been visiting these Gorse bushes for over 30 years, so I know what I'm likely to find. The light makes all the difference though, Meadow Pipit out in the brightness, Whitethroat lurking in the gloom.

DFF_2408.jpg

DFF_3025_01.jpg

Do you all see what i mean ?  I'd be delighted with Pete's Whitethroat picture !

PW

I do get what you mean though, but all modesty to one side, if the subject is in sharp focus, that's half the battle for me.  Once  I'm getting consistent results on that I can start thinking about composition. Not sure I'll ever get to worrying about light levels - don't think I've got 30 years left !!!! 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rapalaman said:

Swallows I reckon. Where’s is this as seems very early for first brood this year in Uk? I’ve still not seen or heard a single one round our way and I’m outside every day - weathers been pretty cold for them of course

They are here in West Sussex .

7 hours ago, Martyn Honey said:

Not sure if they are Swallows or House martins. I think they are about to fly the nest.

nest in a outside shower 

IMG_0754.jpeg

If there is a little tint of red at the throat its a Swallow . If not its a House Martin .