yet another theft!

Martyn Amos

makes you afraid to advertise your work !

reading in a local paper,a company up the pontypridd valley had £8500 worth of gear stolen.

only a small 3 man team who have been running for 6 yrs,has you would expect it has left them struggling

you work hard to built up your gear,then the scum come along and take what they want..

just hope these guys can get back on their feet...:thumbup1:

best way of tackling these people is to make sure there's fewer buyers around, if i get offered a nice shiny chainsaw cheap i get immediately suspicious, if in doubt i don't buy it, all the guys i know operate on the same principal but obviously someone somewhere is buying these pinched items! never had it happen to me but must be gutting, like previously said, it takes a lot of hard work and effort to build up a small business, hope they get back into business soon...

i got done over a couple of years ago on a job. was off in the woods came back the pick up door was blowing in the wind and every thing gone. if it hadnt been for mates lending me there gear i wouldnt have been able to work. they want there hands cutting off and there benefit stopped! if they had to work thru the day they would be to tired to go on the rob at night.

Terrible news again. So where and who is purchasing stolen saws. Time to approach Husqvarna and Stihl on product marking on main sections.

If you can postcode a bicycle then why not chainsaws?

Spot on. Most likely these items are sold in early morning markets. Home owners will buy to save a few bob on cutting up logs.

Bigger items will travel to different countries.

We all should stick together and say " yes mate" no cash on me. Giz a mobile no and will sort you out..literally..

Spot on. Most likely these items are sold in early morning markets. Home owners will buy to save a few bob on cutting up logs.

Bigger items will travel to different countries.

We all should stick together and say " yes mate" no cash on me. Giz a mobile no and will sort you out..literally..

Thats what they told me but my chipper only made it to the next county, just half an hour away, convenient when I spoted it on an auction website though.