Why dont you post on ARBTALK so much any more ?

eggsarascal

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only answer the question based on why I am not posting as much, because Steves statistics prove plenty of others are.:thumbup1:

1 I am very busy with work compared to the last 3 years, my post count is down by 7 a day.

2. Being a Mod I have to look at threads differently and stand on the sidelines a bit.

3. A lot of threads are repeats so too speak so I only look at them to check up on swearing.

4 I feel a lot of the time, posters are not really looking for an answer, they just want to say stuff.

5 my kids are getting bigger, not just crawling around needing watched, we are doing homework , football, Lego, jigsaws etc.:thumbup:

I've noticed over the last few months that alot of our fellow Arbtalkers (some alot more long standing than myself) aren't posting a great deal anymore. Wether starting threads or responding to one.

I think Steve and some of the Mods do a great job. please dont take this the wrong way (Mods)

Are we getting board of the "same old" chat ?

I know the down turn in work gives us (i'm not an arb man/person) less to talk/chat about. I'm only a mere firewood merchant. :lol:

your thoughts please.

Some folk just join to look at pictures and read the odd thread, it's no big deal.

What you'll find over time is that there is a group of people obsessed with posting almost like they're in a pub type atmosphere, most of what they say is trivial rubbish so take it with a pinch of salt.

take with a pinch of salt - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

One of the most offensive things I've seen on this forum was a new member asking a relevant question with his first post and some well known idiot piped up, 'how about an introduction then?' not even answering the guy's question.

Why in the name of christ should a new member give an introduction when all they are wanting is a simple answer to a decent question?

That particular incident is the kind of thing you'd expect from a Landrover Owners forum not a forum full of tree surgeons. Incidently the guy never posted again and I dont blame him.

people need to get a grip on reality and a sense of perspective and lighten up.

On the whole, I think we Mods give a pretty free rein to the membership, as I said we are normal working arbs in our spare time, we see the same things, feel the same cold, experience the Same frustrations as everyone else trying to do the job. We understand a bad day, then we come home, make a coffee and trawl through countless posts and threads for our "enjoyment" then someone, or sometimes several someone's will go and spoil the vibe and break a few easy to follow rules, then they don't like it cos we pull them up for it, in as fair a way as we can. In fact we probably spend more time trying not to penalise someone, arguing their case between ourselves, than is good for us. But hey, that's our choice and on the whole it's an enjoyable task and given the size of the membership we have very few issues to deal with, so thanks to all of you who make our lives easier.

One person on here gets my goat up :thumbdown: Ill login but as soon as they get their soap box out then its good evening from Me.

Maybe the site would work better if a limit was put on the ammount of replies to threads that can be posted in any 24 hour period

You could always add them to you ignore list :001_smile:

I have been a member for a while now but i find that i don't need to comment on every post, plus as someone has already said kids growing up, homework and just life in general keeps me busy!! Still read through the posts mind you so perhaps i am just like a closet arbtalker. Or as i don't comment i am just an arbstalker:lol::lol: