Stein Arborist Helmet

RC0

Does anyone else find that loads of dust gets in your eyes through the gap between the top of the mesh visor and the helmet? doesn't happen on the Petzl as the visor has a piece on it to stop this happening, is the clear visor any better for this?

• 3 months later...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The Stein Super Plasma TC helmet has easily been our most popular helmet since it was launched. It now has the attachment at a extra cost to allow you to fit MSA Sordin ear defenders with the new MSA Left/Right ear defenders being the most popular.

Its a helmet that passes all regulations for climbers and fits all head sizes which is a must!

We an currently selling the helmet on our website at Forestry Equipment

If you have anymore questions then give me a call on 01387 860 241

Blair

Thats good that you can now get the attachment for the MSA Sordin ear muffs.

I didnt like the peltor ear muffs, and thats what put me off buying one at the capel manor show, but i may just have to put my hand into my wallet now.

Whats the price for one with the MSA Sordin ear muffs, and clear visor/smoked,

and the price for one with the MSA Sordin ear muffs, clear visor/smoked, and mesh visor

Cheers, Nick

• 2 months later...

Now Justin has sorted me out with decent ear defenders and a mesh visor for my Stein, I LOVE IT :thumbup1:

The helmet itself is the comfiest ive ever used and as i say now the stupid visor and rubbish ear defenders have been improved, its a winner :thumbup1:

its funny how peoples opinions can vary, i used to love the sordin muffs on my vertex, only i bought the stien with peltor optime 2's wow what a difference, yes the foam padding isn't as nicely contoured as the sordins but they are comfy and block the noise much better than standard peltor 1's.

The clear visor does have its strengths all in all though its a pain to keep clean and a mesh visor is better.

having worn the helmet for a couple of months i think its just o.k certainly no better than a vertex, in some areas its not as good the foam padding is going to get rancid quicker and deterioate faster and the chin strap is none removable unlike the vertex so i can't chuck it in the wash.

It is comfier but the vertex was hardly uncomfortable, the good thing about the vertex is it allowed better air circulation so was slightly cooler.

Not a bad helmet just not head and shoulders above the competition merely another option which is no bad thing. For the record i'll be buying another vertex next year unless something else comes out.