Stein Arborist Helmet

RC0

It’s always pleasure to give due credit to a good product and this one is no exception. While I’ve been disappointed by similarly modernized climbing helmets in the past, and have twice now had to revert back to my traditional style peak-less husky….finally, I’ve found an Arborist helmet that’s ‘right on the money’.

Compact, ventilated, well balanced and secure, the Stein Arborist helmet comes with a clear and/or mesh visor which are easily swapped in a minute or so. The clear visor is also available smoked, although I personally didn’t bother as sunlight is hardly an issue at the moment. The visor is close fitting to your eyes and bridge of the nose, yet is well ventilated to keep it from steaming up. The helmet is available in a range of colours. I’d hoped for sky blue after Manchester City football club but this was as close as they could offer.

I hate spending spend money on climbing-type gear….slings, blocks and other rigging essentials yes but I have little enthusiasm for climbing stuff. However, my husky was well past its use-by date and the salesmen assured me that this particular helmet was a winner and that I would not experience the same dissatisfaction of experiences in the past.

In summarizing, if a genuine, working Arborist didn’t have a hand in the design of this helmet then whoever’s behind it got dam lucky!

597653a2e425a_SteinHelmetcloseup005.jpg.58a21bebe39445bad52f5ea7d44ed133.jpg

597653a2e2bce_SteinHelmet004.jpg.7dad27c625ffade12423a27786c6b885.jpg

597653a2e04d3_SteinHelmet002.jpg.d1e72ea6d5d77f51dac23f395cba1631.jpg

597653a2dad5f_SteinHelmet013.jpg.9f9c9e67eb26d46eeac772bb3465279a.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stick to the ol vertex for me, that looks like i could be a pain when its a few months old i.e getting scratched, covered in grime and when its wet it would be like a motorbike visor and rubbing it clean with dirty hands aint going to make it any better.

does it steam up?

Edited by treewizard

Good to see innovation on the gear front! Especially gear specifically for Arborists.I like the idea of a clear visor,but one that was secondary to a mesh one.Perhaps one that you could pull down from inside the helmet?

Speaking for myself,there are times when little particles come through the mesh of a wire visor.Having a second option of a clear visor might be good?

Nice reveiw Reg