A weird Pine Quote

Tree-Fela

This woman sounds like a VERY nasty piece of work.

After what she has asked you to do, then try to force you into it with a ludicrously inaccurate legal threat - I would have no dealings with her at all.

I would speak with the neighbour upon their return, just stating the facts.

If you are concerned for the tree - contact the Local Authority and check if theres aTPO on it - and tell the tree officer about this.

if there is a TPO - write a letter and put it through Mrs Ratbag's door.

If you did work for her, do you really think she would pay you?????

The other thing with potential customers like this is

While you are working for them (god forbid) you can't be working for any of the other pleasant, hourable, honest customers.

Long bargepoles! non touching!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend her neighbours plant some fast growing leylandii to replace the tree that is blocking her light :sneaky2:. You get paid, she gets what she wants, and the neighbours in time get to envelope her property in vast dark shadows :001_tt2: MWAHAHAHARR!

Edited by wisewood
Forgot to add evil laugh!

Hi all

As today i have read that my post had been taken off due to language so i will inform you of what has occured since.

I finished work early yesterday so i decided to go round and confront her about it and try and difuse the situation because it was getting annoying having her call me up all the time.

So i took meself and my work partner round and we knocked like gentlemen and all that and was very respectful towards her. Then all of a sudden things got a little nasty. She started saying to me i was trying to rip her off and that i was a good for nothing money grabber who was just out to rob all kinds of money off people. To this i replied and what job do you have, what home do you live in, have you ever worked all your life and then i heard the f word off her husband. He then decided to have a go at me saying am only jumped up kid who doesnt really care for respect and that i probably upto and into all kinds of various criminal enterprises.

To this i replied am sorry but i have worked since i left school and i have learned also to further develop my skills and knowledge of the indsutry. He then went onto accuse me of breaching this contract which i have got no idea what there on about.

Here comes the big one.

The husband the came out with a contract with four signatures mine, neighbours, theres and the last one is rather dangerous a local councilman who has signed off saying the works shoudl undertaken immediately.

With this we decided to call it a day i said you will recieve a letter from my solicitor and that you will be being sued for forgery.

As we were leaving we then seen a young lad walking up next doors pathway, to this i shouted him so we could have a word and then i had so much of a urge that i had to fulfill my duty to the community i told him of what next door was upto. He then went onto tell me his parents shall be back on thursday and he will tell him then, but i also said i will call round friday to discuss it. He said that would be fine. I also found out that the couple who owned the property next door have never worked in there life they got the house bought for them and because one of the parents died who had amassed a fair amount of money they decided that were all indebted to them.

Why do people who are on the dole or who have got money think people owe the world they need to wake up an realise there the main reasons why this country is in the mess were in.

Rant over

I feel sorry for you they sound like a right pair of :thumbdown:you stand your ground and speak to the property owners and if you have to pay for solicitor to send a letter out to shock therapy them about the forgery then do it sounds like they have dug theirselves a hole if you ask me and are the sort of people who usually get away with pushing people around dont take it ,hope it all work's out for you from what you have described I would say you have done everything right and so would the police or courts if it ever comes to that

Don't go anywhere near the place until your meeting with the tree's owners. Do not contact this woman and do not enter into any further discussion with her. If you have the piece of paper with the signatures on it, I would show it to the tree's owners when they return and, if they agree, then take it to the police. She could be accused of not only fraud but also attempted blackmail. For the record, you cannot be prosecuted for breach of contract as it is a civil matter, not criminal. Basic contract requires 4 things;

i) An offer by you to do the work for a reward.

ii) Acceptance by the other party of your offer.

iii)Consideration, or your price.

iv)Intent by both parties to be legally bound to the contract.

There is clearly no contract. Even if you were found to be in breach, she could only claim what that breach has cost her ie nothing. :001_smile:

I certainly don't see

You have nothing to worry about.

A forged contract is worth nothing, you have agreed to nothing.

I would talk to the neighbours, then just forget it.

It may burn for a while but you will really do best to move on and exert your energy on the loads of decent customers who will come your way in the future.

try to stay positive - youve acted professionally and reasonably in all this - well done!

This has certainly been an experience, one which will make you stronger.

Good luck.

PS If I felt vindictive about it I might slip word to a 'nomadic chainsaw owner' that there is a potential customer at her address - then sit back and enjoy! But I'm not like that.

Hi all

As today i have read that my post had been taken off due to language so i will inform you of what has occured since.

I finished work early yesterday so i decided to go round and confront her about it and try and difuse the situation because it was getting annoying having her call me up all the time.

So i took meself and my work partner round and we knocked like gentlemen and all that and was very respectful towards her. Then all of a sudden things got a little nasty. She started saying to me i was trying to rip her off and that i was a good for nothing money grabber who was just out to rob all kinds of money off people. To this i replied and what job do you have, what home do you live in, have you ever worked all your life and then i heard the f word off her husband. He then decided to have a go at me saying am only jumped up kid who doesnt really care for respect and that i probably upto and into all kinds of various criminal enterprises.

To this i replied am sorry but i have worked since i left school and i have learned also to further develop my skills and knowledge of the indsutry. He then went onto accuse me of breaching this contract which i have got no idea what there on about.

Here comes the big one.

The husband the came out with a contract with four signatures mine, neighbours, theres and the last one is rather dangerous a local councilman who has signed off saying the works shoudl undertaken immediately.

With this we decided to call it a day i said you will recieve a letter from my solicitor and that you will be being sued for forgery.

As we were leaving we then seen a young lad walking up next doors pathway, to this i shouted him so we could have a word and then i had so much of a urge that i had to fulfill my duty to the community i told him of what next door was upto. He then went onto tell me his parents shall be back on thursday and he will tell him then, but i also said i will call round friday to discuss it. He said that would be fine. I also found out that the couple who owned the property next door have never worked in there life they got the house bought for them and because one of the parents died who had amassed a fair amount of money they decided that were all indebted to them.

Why do people who are on the dole or who have got money think people owe the world they need to wake up an realise there the main reasons why this country is in the mess were in.

Rant over

WOW!

Call the police:post:

They just tried to blackmail you with a forged document to do an illegal act.

I wouldnt even wait till the neighbours get home, these people need to know they cant push people around like that. SHOCKING:sneaky2:

I dont know what i went round i guess we all do stupid things in life but i am far than made up that i went round otherwise id of been recieving letters of all kinds.

You may think because people told me not to but when you think of all that your getting accused of you aint going to sit back and leave it are yeh really.

Will i say did i provoke the situation more of course, am i stupid for going round no because look at what i learnt of what she was upto.

Its all well sitting on here saying why did you go round but if you was in the situation i was i dont think you would of sat there and done nothing.