Thanks Love !!

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair Play tho' for spending that much on you partners 40th.

Problem is Pete, if you come home with a bunch of flowers every other day, eventually the wife gets used to it and they mean nothing.

If you come home with a bunch of flowers every twenty years, then the wife falls over backwards and nearly collapses.

It boiled down to simple maths really £70 divided by 20 years = £3.50 per year.

Cheap at half the price :001_cool:

fair play Dean

I have the same view

Got a feeling we have maried the same woman! my good lady would have reacted in the same way . But if it was for her horse or something she needed for £70 it would be o.k?

Females for ya:confused1:

Dean -

you did good mate. She may rant on, but even if you paid £100 for a single black rose, she would still-

a. rant on about the cost

b. get a lovely warm feeling inside.

Anyway, having had the pleasure of meeting Mrs Dean, I would say those fluers were well worth the asking price.

Next time get her a new whippet and flat cap.

Anyway, having had the pleasure of meeting Mrs Dean, I would say those fluers were well worth the asking price.

Why thankyou Ed, very kind of you to say so.

It is her birthday today and she's been woken to a phonecall from the Police saying our 17 year old daughter is in Leeds police station after being arrested on suspicion of theft from a taxi.

Apparently, three lasses got in a taxi with a lad known to them and the lad ran and a girl ran off. My other daughter says the only problem is our Steph wont be able to "grass" on the ones that did the runner.

Nice birthday present, we'll pick her up when the cops have finished with her late this aft :bored:

Whoever is testing us is testing us to the limit

I arranged a suprise family get together last night for our lasses 40th. I told her we were going out for a meal at a pub and arrange for all her family to be there waiting when we got there.

Everything went well.

I also arranged for a bunch of flowers to be delivered to the Pub before we got there.

Bear in mind I have bought her one bunch of flowers in 22 years, so I'm no expert when it comes to buying them.

To save hassle the flower shop said, just tell us how much you want to spend and we'll do the rest. £60 to £70 should do the trick.

Loverly bunch of excotic flowers were waiting at the pub, got a snog the lot.

Till she found out the price and went nuts, went on unmercifully for hours, I said Balls to you then, thats the last time I buy flowers.

Not knowing how much flowers are I was a bit green so to speak, how much do you reckon was a decent price for these flowers, do you think I paid too much and how much would you spend on your lasses 40th

Picture below:

you needs to cover your tracks a bit better mate; i organised the wifes thirtieth after getting nagged that i never organise any family parties, so sorted the restaruant, guests, cake and all the rest of the charabang. Arrived at the restaruant with the wife who had'nt a clue about any of it, sat there for 1/2 hour waiting for the guests to arrive when the I got a text from the sister in law asking where we were, it only dawned on me then I was in the wrong farmers arms, what a bloody job to perswade her the restaraunt we were in was shite and we should go some were else, still does'nt know to this day but it costs me beer tokens when ever I see any of her family.:001_tongue: