Tattoo's and work

Arran Turner

One of them is a gun on his waist so when he has his top off it looks like he has a gun shoved down his trousers!

I asked him to cover because of negative comments from customers, plus of the sun exposure.

why would you get a tattoo like that!!?? with you on that one

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tattoos on my arms, so does my work mate. I'll get some more no doubt.

I'll never cover them up. Hopefully someone with backward opinions about people with tattoos will be astounded about how friendly, courteous and knowledgeable (working on that last one :D ) one can be!

If they still have that hatred in them and i don't get the job, c'est la vie.

Them days have gone now. You has the employer can actually be in the wrong for asking employees to cover up tattoos. A lad where I live had a case against the firm he worked for, for discrimination for asking him to cover up his tattoos whilst at work and won it.

I guess it all depends on the subject matter. We have the Equality commission over here and "displays of emblems likely to cause disharmony in the work place are not permitted". This would be fairly specific in Northern Ireland. Personally a bit a artwork doesn,t bother me although I am aware of the affect it has on little old ladies:lol:

For me I have no marks or emblems transferred to my skin to provide myself and others of which Clan I belong to, or my social status in society. For myself I have more self respect for my body and I do not believe in Russian Roulette when it comes to the short and long term affects for my health. For many here in the States the desire or perceived need to inflict pain upon them self's for a sense of belonging to a group or self recognition defies logic, at least for me. For all that have adorned their bodies either in the form of piercings or having the matrix of your skin compromised with colored chemicals, enjoy while you can. After all as we get older our skin/bodies have a habit of changing and usually not for the better.

easy-lift guy

I agree with alex_m on this. I've been asked to cover my tattoos up at work before, whilst working on a nature reserve, and felt that it somehow impled that I was less capable of doing my job with them on display (I should point out that they are in no way vulgar or offensive). I think the more people cover up tattoos at work, the more this notion is reinforced. My 14mm hollow ear tunnles have never raised an issue.

unfortunatly these are attitudes which cause the problems and should be challenged for the good of all, why should you be made to feel less capable or ashamed for having tattoos a very backwards notion in my eyes

Rather overdramatic, you were not born with them, you chose to have them,

if some people don't like them well fair enough, you are not a persecuted minority.