Council registered

colwoodlandcare

around here they do, our local county council do have a contraors list but theres a couple of guys who have more or less got all the work tied up, they also have a lot of their own employees who have 30/31 to clear roads etc of windblown

Who they give their work to is just that and not an approved contractor list that they will make available to third parties. Which is what the OP asked.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

being 'on call' is more hassle than its worth ....... imo

unless its part of a wider parcel of work to offset the staffing costs

as to coucil approved , most councils have a list of known contractors that they give out to planning applicants

to be a direct contractor & to avoid competition regs breachs, the council would have to engage you through a vetting / procurement system

Iain

Councils usually have an approved contractor system, if your not on their list you got no hope. Give them a call to see hoe to register with them. The will ask to see your all your insurance and certificates if they are up on these things.

the council have no right to [approve ] any one ,there nobodys ,fact ! If they do recomend anyone there corrupt,another fact

the council have no right to [approve ] any one ,there nobodys ,fact ! If they do recomend anyone there corrupt,another fact

Also they arent supposed to ask for things like being AA approved when putting out tenders, but some do or did.:sneaky2:

An approved contractor and a contractors list are two totally different things.

The LA will usually just use their approved contractor/s for storm damage.

I'm a lone trader on the council approved supplier list.

Have a chat with the Council Tree Officers, take the time to get to know them and work will come your way. Chances are other companies will be their first choice as they are at the front of their mind, but your time will come... eventually!

Don't try pressies. I did do some voluntary work and everytime the officer that took me on saw me I was hard at it and I always said hi. It worked for me.

Also they arent supposed to ask for things like being AA approved when putting out tenders, but some do or did.:sneaky2:

An approved contractor and a contractors list are two totally different things.

The LA will usually just use their approved contractor/s for storm damage.

Indeed ,this is one very sore subject ,i have almost started a debate a few times over it ,a long story short ,i lost alot of money going back 2 years because SWANSEA council's T O decided to hand out a list he made to private clients who had aplied for planning to work on there trees ,and this list was handed out with the instruction that they are to only use a contractor from the list ,the list was small unlike the T O'S walet imo ,and there are lots and lots tree firms in swansea ,and good ones at that .