Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

Had a few torrential downpours which turned the road we were working at the bottom of into a river. The drains couldnt take the water which was flowing into peoples garages. So used our noggins and managed to lift a manhole cover just enough for the water to swirl into. Got many cups of tea and loads of cake for the help:thumbup:. Made up for the fact i hit about 20 dog :toilet: on the footpath. Next spring it is going to sprayed off as i ain't gonna strim that one again.

HI MATT have you any pics mate thanks jon :thumbup:

HI MATT have you any pics mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Sadly not m8. Camera had a flat battery and the spare was at home charging:001_rolleyes:. Phone wouldn't have got a clear enough picture either. The road in downpours becomes a river as the roads leading to that junction slope that way and the drains are either blocked or let water in one drain and let it out 3 drains down.:lol:

You townies must be soft Lee, don't need the heating on yet, last night was still warm, and the towns are always a degree or so warmer than the rural places. Suns out again this am, maybe a shower about as the temperature rises to 16deg. :001_smile:

Only kidding Andy no central heating on here yet mate I ain't that soft yet, Andy did you ever live in a house with no central heating I think I remember you said you did, I wonder how the young today would think of frost on the inside of the single pain window, with the net curtains stuck to them or having to get undressed when in your bed :laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...