Cost cutting exercise.....

Pete Hart

Evening all, my mind was wondering on the way home this evening and I couldn't help but wonder what cost cutting measure i could take.....

Recently i have secured a chip tipping site for free (unlimited) which will save me £21 a load i was paying at my local green waste depot.

I also cut right back on my advertising and stick with the small local mags and the internet (which i take care of myself) that actually get results (bye bye yellow pages!)

Buying two stroke in bulk rather than in 1 litre bottles.

2nd class as apposed to 1st class stamps for mail.

Thinking about where im driving to and whether i could group quotes, jobs, and running errands together, leading to a saving on fuel.

I would love to hear of any suggestions that you guys have got regarding saving a few quid or just simply becoming more efficient.....

Times are tough and every pound saved is a huge bonus in these uncertain times.

Many thanks in advance.... Pete :thumbup1:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one enquiry from the yellow pages in a year.... nothing came of it. £1500 down the drain!!

Another idea which im unsure about, is to ask local indian take aways for unwanted cooking oil for putting in the saws. A friend who makes his own bio diesel says that because the indian takeaways only use the oil once to do popadum's its very clean!!!

Would cooking oil be any good in the saws or am i better of sticking to the 'proper stuff'?

I got one enquiry from the yellow pages in a year.... nothing came of it. £1500 down the drain!!

Another idea which im unsure about, is to ask local indian take aways for unwanted cooking oil for putting in the saws. A friend who makes his own bio diesel says that because the indian takeaways only use the oil once to do popadum's its very clean!!!

Would cooking oil be any good in the saws or am i better of sticking to the 'proper stuff'?

It would cause me to salivate at work too much!

Evening all, my mind was wondering on the way home this evening and I couldn't help but wonder what cost cutting measure i could take.....

Recently i have secured a chip tipping site for free (unlimited) which will save me £21 a load i was paying at my local green waste depot.

I also cut right back on my advertising and stick with the small local mags and the internet (which i take care of myself) that actually get results (bye bye yellow pages!)

Buying two stroke in bulk rather than in 1 litre bottles.

2nd class as apposed to 1st class stamps for mail.

Thinking about where im driving to and whether i could group quotes, jobs, and running errands together, leading to a saving on fuel.

I would love to hear of any suggestions that you guys have got regarding saving a few quid or just simply becoming more efficient.....

Times are tough and every pound saved is a huge bonus in these uncertain times.

Many thanks in advance.... Pete :thumbup1:

it comes natural to me im a yorkshire man so tight by nature :laugh1: