Abbey Pro - Excellent Service

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had very good service from them. Back along i was looking for some bar oil found that Abbey had this Go Part stuff 20L for £30 odd on the net so phoned them to see if they had it in stock and was able to pick it up for the same money as per price on there web site . Spoke to this guy who said he was busy with a customer and wasn't going to look to see if they had it stock until he had finished will him then said to call him back in an hour instead of getting my number and phone me back either way. As you can imagine i was not best pleased with this blokes customer service attitude so will continue using Doug from Tavistock chainsaws down the road :001_tt2:.

• 1 month later...

I have have some nasty names come to mind about Abbey Pro in the past.

After spending over £1100 on my first purchace from them and months of trying to get a small item that was owed to me, could have been posted to me and that I had paid for (Still never recieved the item).

Months of contact inc emails phone calls to Cris and visits to the shop to replace ropes that were half the length ordered. It cost me a lot in diesel traveling back and forth trying to sort the problems out. Abbey pro had lost much more custom from me.

As stated above I still never recieved the item I paid for so I guess after reading that other people have had problems with the company my thoughts about Abbey Pro still stand.

Keep your customers happy Abbey Pro no matter how much they spend with you.

I've only had two dealings with them.

Last year I had a lad that had come to learn a bit about hedgelaying and was quite usefull. I bought him a nice GB axe (from elsewhere) a silky gomtaro and a sharpening kit for his ms180 from abbey. The axe was there next day, the kit from abbey took 16 days to arrive, 4 phonecalls. First I was told they were short on staff because of the holidays, then the item was not in stock, then they'd forgotten about my order!:thumbdown:

Next and last thing was a couple of months ago I bought a set of husky radio-muffs. I was a bit hesitant because of previous experience but they were the only stockists I could find that did them. I ordered a new stump-vice as well.

7 days later, no muffs no vice!

Phoned them to be told the vice was out of stock!

I gave them a bit of an earfull and got sent an "upgrade" ("a much better vice sir, and we'll charge you no extra" £1.25 difference in price!) 11 days after my order I got my stuff.:thumbdown:

I don't like this online slating of suppliers lark, as it's now out there for the world to see and will stay out there, but this way of treating customers is just not acceptable so sod it!

I'd never buy from them again, even if they'd offer an 880 for £50 !!

Have to agree with the comments on poor service. Placed an order for some bits that I needed desperately, guarenteed they was in stock and would be with me next day, paid extra etc. In the end waited about 3 months after being told lie after lie. Never did receive my order in the end. In fairness this was about 2 years ago and the service may have changed but since then I havent used them. It wasnt just one person either so seemed to be policy to make false promises.

I totally agree- he must be doing something right as he has been going for long enough. Unfortunately on both occasions I have used him I have been badly stung. And he kept my mates credit card details too!!!!!

cant say anything about the two times you been stung,on the card side of things he has all my details aswell.also ebay and the WIFE has them to:001_smile:

I totally agree- he must be doing something right as he has been going for long enough. Unfortunately on both occasions I have used him I have been badly stung. And he kept my mates credit card details too!!!!!

Mr Bennett eh? mixed feelings to be honest, he'll sting u alot of the time and he knows it but given the old dougie discount I have had some saws of him at very fair prices, Also he is only 6 miles away from me so is very handy to have on hand for chipper repairs (although try and do most myself). And he may not be cheep but i have to say they've always been very efficient regards prompto chipper repairs and ordering parts in. I notice Abbey tavy are movingh house, anyone know where to?